Creative Artworker 2 days per week - The Newt in Somerset - Horticulture & Estate
The Newt in Somerset is a new and unique destination already attracting a recognition at the highest level. Our 300-year-old estate complete with woodland, lush gardens and breath-taking views welcomes guests from all over the world. Our hotel is a home from home where our team deliver outstanding service in informal surroundings. Gardens, orchards, and treetop walkways inspire whilst roaring fires and our wellbeing spa offer tranquility.
Food is a passion across the estate, whether hotel or our restaurants or farm shop. Much is sourced from the estate and trusted local suppliers.
We are a small department with a variety of priorities and tasks. As a new business, we have a multitude of projects which range from Logos and design of hotel collateral to packaging design for the retail arm of the business, videos and online content.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated all-rounder who can engage with our ethos and help us share it beautifully with a global audience. Working closely with the Head of Creative Design, you will be passionate about design and print process with a very good knowledge of the Adobe Suite.
- Supporting the design process across the estate
- Setting up and designing artwork for a variety of items and checking quality and print readiness.
- Liaising with printers and suppliers on print and packaging
- Managing production lines from design to delivery
- Maintaining brand guidelines and ensuring all design visuals are in line with this
- Capable of fast preparation of print ready ﬁles from artworks supplied by clients.
- Able to oversee projects from start to ﬁnish i.e. Artwork processing, through to completion
Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in artwork and design process
- Proactive and self-motivated and able to work to multiple deadlines whilst under pressure.
- Careful and methodical, with good attention to detail
- Able to follow brand guidelines with excellent eye for detail and typography skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent Photo retouching skills
- Excellent knowledge of latest version of Adobe CC (especially Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) , Acrobat etc
- A portfolio of recent work which demonstrates skills and ability
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Annual Performance Bonus
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Anniversary stay in the hotel each year, Dinner bed and breakfast.
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities