Engineer - The Newt in Somerset - Horticulture & Estate
The Engineering Department looks after the Companies assets (Buildings, Mechanical plant and Vehicles), conducting scheduled checks and preventive maintenance in all areas of the estate. Engineering also respond to hotel guest and visitor attraction maintenance issues as well as the routine maintenance of let properties.
This is a role for an energetic hands on person to apply his/her trade in a variety of ways. Working as part of a team and on their own. Weekend work and being on call in a roster is required.
- Preventive maintenance checks of all plant rooms and vehicles
- Fire alarm testing
- Fixing guest rooms issues – lights, plumbing, TV, phones, broken furniture, windows etc.
- A keen eye for detail to resolve common issues with heating, plumbing, and general building maintenance
- Problem solving including power outages, leaks and heating issues across the estate.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in an engineering capacity, - Having worked in a hospitality environment would be beneficial
- Electrical knowledge, basic wiring.
- Some areas are in confined spaces and some heavy lifting is required.
- Hands on experience, a trade, skilled or semi-skilled trade.
- Hospitality experience an asset working with guests in a timely and professional manner
- Self-managing and ordering of items required.
- Working with power tools, Bandsaws, drills, lathes, pressure washers
- Wood working skills a plus
- Self-motivated with a sense of initiative and pride in helping customers
Benefits: Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Annual Performance Bonus
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Anniversary stay in the hotel each year, Dinner bed and breakfast.
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities