[To Start ASAP]
Telephonist at Grantley Hall.
Grantley Hall is now recruiting for a Telephonist to join the Reservations Team.
40 hour contract (Working 5 days out of 7 and will include weekends), as part of the team covering the busy phone lines from 8am to 8pm.
Enthusiastic and friendly team player with a passion for delivering authentic Yorkshire hospitality.
- Handle incoming room, restaurant and spa booking telephone enquiries.
- To be able to accurately input reservations into the relevant system and send confirmations to the guest using the agreed company standards.
- To take and transfer any external calls that are coming in.
- To handle all brochure requests
- To action emails that come to the hotel’s generic email address.
- Provide a consistently excellent level of guest service in accordance to our values, ensuring that all guests receive special attention and recognition.
- To log and process all guest requests
- To live the Grantley Hall Values everyday day
- To be able to support the reception team when busy with basic reception duties such as check-in and check-out.
- To be creative and innovative in your approach to customer service to ensure all guest requirements are met and expectations exceeded.
- To complete any other tasks as reasonably requested by the Reservations Manager, Director of Sales & Marketing or General Manager.
Key Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Exposure to a 4 or 5 star environment in the hospitality industry would be advantageous.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to build a rapport with guests
- Have a professional and friendly telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Immaculate personal presentation
- Shows pro-active approach to guests and duties
- Great attention to detail
- Have a positive attitude
- Be a great team player
- Microsoft Office knowledge
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Grantley Hall aims to be a leading UK luxury hotel and wellness retreat, bringing a touch of vibrant cosmopolitan style to the Yorkshire countryside. We will create a long-lasting legacy that celebrates the rich heritage and history of Grantley Hall. Offering a distinctly different and diverse range of experiences and exceptional customer service, and combined with the warmth of our welcome, and relaxed Yorkshire charm we aim to create memorable moments for our guests to cherish and a magical place for our friends and colleagues to work.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
Due to continued success, we have an exciting opportunity for a Telephonist to join the existing team, who will ensure our guests receive a five star service.
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with service,
- Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
- Increased maternity and paternity leave with length of service.
- We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
- Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a NEST pension scheme.
- 24/7 team assistant line.
- Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
- Team Member of the Month Awards.
- Refer a Friend Award.
- All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
- We are proud to be accredited by The Workplace Wellbeing Charter.
- We offer all team members free confidential and confidential assessments, personal fitness programmes and we can offer nutritional advice.
- We encourage a balanced diet by offering complimentary balanced meals whilst on duty,
- We are proud to be a mindful employer and we have mental health first aiders on site.
- We regularly hold health and well-being events to ensure we are supporting you and your goals accordingly.
- We have a confidential 24/7 team assistance line that offers you free telephone counselling as well as legal and financial advice and support.
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5 star career at a 5 star hotel.