Housekeeping Supervisor at Grantley Hall
We are currently looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor at Grantley Hall to assist the Head and Assistant housekeeper in the managing the housekeeping in all areas of the hotel, maintaining standards of cleanliness, décor and maintenance throughout the premises and directing the team.
- Adhere to the procedures and methods laid down in the Standards of Performance Manual.
- Assisting the Housekeeper with the ongoing training programme for the Department and maintaining records.
- Assist in the training of all new staff and ongoing training of existing staff.
- Assist in the checking of cleaning duties in public areas, bedrooms and back of house.
- Assist in the supervision of cleaning, servicing and final checking of rooms.
- Assist in the organisation, distribution and collection of clean and dirty linen and uniforms.
- Assist when requested on the monthly stocktake and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Assist in ensuring department runs to time.
- Assist in the ordering of cleaning materials and guest supplies when required.
- Assist with the Lost Property system.
- Liaise with the Laundry on an ongoing basis.
- Liaise with outside contractors I.E window cleaners, carpet cleaners and French polishers when required.
- Communicate with florists and plant providers when required.
- Assist with the ordering of stationery and other departmental items and assist in the completion of regular stocktakes.
- Maintain good links with the spa and other departments on stocking or linen etc and cleanliness.
- Be responsible for ensuring that department members are checking machinery and equipment for faults and report any defects to the maintenance department and fellow team members in the expected manner.
- Responsibility for ensuring that procedures are in place and are followed, reporting any hazards, faults and problems in the bedrooms and public areas to the maintenance department and following through on completion.
- Assist in the maintaining of equipment, store cupboards and Housekeeping office in a clean and tidy condition.
- Be aware of guest and hotel security always and ensure all cupboards and storage areas are kept locked after completion of bedrooms.
- Attend training sessions as required.
- Ensure correct procedures are in place for reporting accidents and follow through with all filing of correct paperwork and follow up.
- Be aware of individual responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure safe working methods are always followed.
- Conduct when required Health and Safety training on an ongoing basis with the department according to the Legal Compliance’s.
- Ensure that all COSHH sheets are up to date and the department have read them, fully understand and are fully aware.
- Comply with all Hotel and Company rules outlined in the Handbook and be aware of Company disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Ensure that requests by HOD and other Senior Management members are completed.
- Notify Head of Department or General Manager in the event of absence from work for whatever reason.
- Wear and maintain the uniform provided.
- To know and live Grantley Hall’s values every day without compromise.
- Any other duties that may be requested
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five-star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housekeeping Supervisor to ensure our guests receive a five-star service.
• Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
• We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
• Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a Royal London pension scheme.
• 24/7 team assistant line.
• Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
• Refer a Friend Award.
• All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5-star career at a 5 star hotel.