Hall & Woodhouse Bath Iconic Bar & Restaurant - re-opening soon
SIMPLY STUNNING - H&W BATH
As a former auction house, built in the 1960s by Phillips Auctioneers, this extraordinary café-bar-dining room has become a part of Bath’s architectural and culinary history. With a sun-lit dining room, a rooftop terrace bar and the best (forgive our immodesty) bar in the West Country, it’s a place for every occasion. With an open kitchen serving three floors it's an awesome place to work.
We are building our chef team now ahead of the busy season in the heart of the city.
Apply if you are:
- A highly organized CDP or Section Chef with some supervisory experience
- Skilled in a range of cooking techniques with good food knowledge
- Able to work unsupervised to precise specifications for cooking and presentation
- A good team player able to inspire and support colleagues
- A chef that enjoys the buzz of a busy service in the spotlight of an open kitchen
- Able to follow food safety and hygiene standards
- Looking for a great chef job that offers long term prospects
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards commitment and talent
As part of Team Bath you will receive:
- A sensible work life balance with 5 days working, consistent hours and excellent conditions
- Pay of £9.30 - £9.50 per hour for every hour on shift
- A share of tips
- Incentives and rewards for outstanding performance
- A full package of lifestyle benefits
- Training and career development opportunities
- A friendly team and all the support you need to succeed
Previous experience as a chef in a similar role and the ability to work as part of a team in a high paced and exciting kitchen is required.
Knowledge, skills and attributes required:
- Previous experience in a branded food operation
- Able to work to precise specifications for cooking and presentation
- Able to cope under time and volume pressure
Benefits you'll get:
- Discounted food
- Share of tips
Where you'll work: Hall & Woodhouse Bath A landmark Bath café, bar and dining room - the place to be. As a former auction house, built in the 1960s by Phillips Auctioneers, this extraordinary café-bar-dining room has become a part of Bath’s architectural and culinary history. With a sun-lit dining room, a rooftop terrace bar and the best (forgive our immodesty) bar in the West Country, it’s a place for every occasion. Designed around the Woodhouse family’s enthusiasms (racing and cricket), their family home (with a grand dining room, drawing room, potting shed and pantry) and the family’s Dorset Brewery (featuring a copper bar and recreating the brewing copper en route to the loos), Hall & Woodhouse Bath really is something to behold. In fact, Vogue listed it as one of the top ten places you must visit in Bath. Who are we to disagree?