Data Migration Lead - Leeds
This is an exciting opportunity to step into the Data, Insights and Analytics Team in Asda Technology as a Data Migration Lead. The role is a new vacancy for the expansion of our data team. Asda is currently investing heavily in its data landscape and will give the opportunity to shape and add lots of value in lots of exciting projects that is part of Asda's strategy.
This would suit an individual with an interest across the whole data lifecycle, and with experience working with data professionals and vendors in a wide range of roles covering Infrastructure / BA / PM / DBA / Dev Manager / Development.
The Data Migration Lead is responsible for making sure that data sets are specified and extracted/moved from a wide range of solutions and readied for integration according to our overall enterprise data model.
Joining the team now means you are right at the start of this exciting journey, and will have the opportunity to shape the delivery and source your future team.
You'll join the team in a 2-3 year fixed term position. As the team is set to grow dramatically, a number of other exciting new roles will become available in future.
- Data migration, strategy, mapping / lineage, quality, standards across multiple projects and solutions
- Writing data requirement specifications for stakeholders and suppliers
- Work closely with the development team to design and implement data solutions
- Being able to recommend the best place to source data sets, both internal and external to the organisation
- Ability to capture and document standards and designs that can be easily understood for all stakeholders (DBAs through to CIO)
- Data migration and the ability to be consulted with data movements for data performance and optimisation
- Microsoft and ERP experience (inc. SQL DW / Cosmos DB / Azure Data Lake/)
- Retail/grocery Domain experience
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders, colleagues and strategic partners across a portfolio of projects with flexible working to do joint projects across different geographies
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is Leeds based in Asda House with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days a week depending on workload.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or car allowance,
- Colleague discount & company bonus,
- Free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org