Assistant General Manager - Accommodation Available
- Location: Landscove, Riviera and Waterside Holiday Parks
- Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Park Holidays UK are a rapidly growing company and the largest caravan operator in the south of England. The business has a proven history of developing and promoting talented managers and an unprecedented investment programme across the group.
Park Holidays are currently looking for an Assistant General Manager from within the holiday sector to help lead 3 of our fantastic businesses in Devon.
Situated in the very heart of Torbay Waterside is a beautiful park with fantastic views stretching from Brixham to Torquay. The park is perfectly situated between Torquay and Brixham, on the very edge of Paignton and only 15 minutes away, via ferry, from Dartmouth.
While the park itself is very peaceful you can find plenty to do locally during your time off. Torquay seafront is always lively, plenty to do on Paignton pier, not to mention the fantastic Paignton zoo. A stroll through Dartmouth and a drive into the Dartmoor national park is a must or you can spend a pleasant day in neighbouring Brixham.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Work together with the General Manager to support the overall business, taking responsibility of areas of the business as deemed necessary.
- Deputise in the General Manager’s absence
- To review and establish new service standards for the Park, determining overall priorities.
- Identify and implement initiatives to enhance and improve standards and experiences to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Understand and work within the Company policy on service standards.
- Identify new opportunities for greater efficiency and improving performance of the Park.
- Identify ways of ensuring the smooth running of the Park and help achieve positive changes by helping others adapt to new situations.
- Take control of new situations and pressures that arise by showing persistence, ability to prioritise tasks and events and make considered decisions in terms of reorganisation when required.
Focusing on an Effective Operation:
- Plan the work of individual team members or departments to meet annual Park targets by prioritising the key tasks and establishing methods that make best use of resources.
- Understand and apply the key measures of effective business performance for the benefit of the Park.
- Keep up to date with key legislation and new approaches within the industry to positively affect the business.
- Investigate problems that arise with facilities and equipment on the Park to establish root causes, determine solutions and monitor the progress of the work to ensure swift and safe resolution.
Ensuring Effective Communication:
- Consider the target audience when communicating and encourage a substantial level of involvement to ensure understanding of issues.
- Put across own views and opinions in a clear and constructive manner in one-to-one and small group situations.
- Build balanced and high-performance teams to work towards common goals.
- Encourage and support a learning and development culture to enhance the roles of team members.
The successful candidate should have:
- The ability to lead, manage& develop a variety of park-based teams.
- A proactive & positive approach within their role
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure with good decision-making skills.
- A professional and outgoing personality with excellent standards of presentation and customer care
- Good & relevant IT skills, including knowledge of Excel, Word and e-mail.
- Flexibility & Adaptability to meet the needs of a seasonal and varied business.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Previous experience in a management role is essential.
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
- All staff have a discount of 50% on food purchased from the complex, this does not include specials or any drinks & is subject to conditions.
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum (Incl Bank Hols)
- Progression Programme within the Company – Learning & development opportunities available with the potential to join the Company’s Skills Academy or Apprenticeship Development Programme.
- Double Glazed Centrally heated on-site accommodation available with the position.
With 33 caravan holiday parks across the southern UK coastline from Devon in the West to Suffolk in the East, we are the largest provider of caravan holiday parks in the South of England. We offer great value family UK caravan holidays and short breaks, with a selection of touring and camping holidays too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.
Our parks offer high quality facilities, fantastic accommodation, and top-class entertainment – coupled with an idyllic destination, it is the perfect holiday for families that are looking for a combination of holiday fun and relaxation. We have something to suit every taste and budget, ranging from modest but comfortable caravans to luxurious lodges.