Accommodation/Housekeeping Manager - Tarka Holiday Park
- Location: Tarka Holiday Park
- Salary: £21,050 per annum
- Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Park Holidays UK are a rapidly growing company and the largest caravan operator in the south of England. The business has a proven history of developing and promoting talented managers and an unprecedented investment programme across the group.
Park Holidays are looking for a standard driven professional to work alongside our Holiday Services Manager to help manage the Hire Fleet at one of our Parks in Suffolk. Due to the continuing success of our hire fleet, we are on the look-out for an energetic individual with an eye for detail. Great place to work, and career progression for the right individual.
You will have a proven track record of managing cleaning teams for self-catering accommodation in this or a similar sector.
Located just off the Tarka trail in Ashford, Barnstaple, Tarka is a quiet, tranquil, well maintained park. Tarka is just 15 minutes away from some of North Devon’s most beautiful award-winning beaches, surrounded by golden sand dunes and a real hit with surfers, kite surfers and sun lovers. With easy access to main routes in the area by car, bike and the reliable bus service you are never far away from activities, historical sightseeing opportunities and areas of interest for all ages.
- To ensure the guest experience takes priority at all times.
- To always greet & communicate with our guest in a professional & courteous manner.
- To promote the park & company in a positive manner whilst communicating with guest visitors & suppliers.
- To ensure that you meet the company guest service standards with an aim to exceed guest expectation.
- To be presentable at all times, wearing company uniform as provided including name badge.
- Pre-season opening duties including setting up the fleet, managing deliveries of new inventory and items, rehanging curtains, spring cleaning, bring your fleet up to standard, ensuring all jobs are complete prior to opening, etc and any additional duties required.
- Winter closedown duties including putting your fleet to bed, repairing, cleaning & ironing curtains, defrosting fridges, removing all bedding, completing winter snagging list, action jobs as applicable, etc and any additional duties required.
- To attend any relevant training courses & meetings as agreed with your Line Manager.
- To support & train the cleaning team to agreed company standard.
- To monitor the standards of work of the cleaning team ensuring work is to the agreed company standard.
- To ensure the cleaning team are aware & comply with company’s Health & Safety standards and our COSHH trained (*internal cleaning team only)
- To obtain relevant risk assessments & method statements from the cleaning contractors (contract cleaners only)
- To complete all relevant paperwork in accordance with company operating standards & legal requirements
- To have good communication skills & a strong working relationship with the Holiday Service team to ensure the hire fleet is at its best operating standard at all times.
- To manage the key process, ensuring keys are safeguarded & accounted for at all times.
- To manage the checking process & replacing of batteries where applicable for: smoke detectors, fire extinguishers | blankets & carbon monoxide detectors ensuring any issues are reported and necessary actions are completed prior to check-in.
- To ensure all light bulbs are checked & in working order prior to check-in.
- To check external steps & ramps as part of the checking process, any issues to be reported immediately to maintenance team.
- To be accountable for all accommodation being checked using the cleaning checklist & are all up to standard prior to check-in.
- All jobs, repairs etc to reported to the relevant department immediately following the Park’s process, including managing monthly actions e.g. defrosting fridges.
- Missing inventory to be replaced prior to check-in.
- Any outstanding actions (e.g. inventory & repairs) to be followed up and additional actions completed prior to check-in and any on-going issues to be reported back to the Accommodation Manager immediately
- To manage the linen process, responsibilities include recording of dirty linen | returns paperwork | separation of soiled linen | checking in deliveries & storage of clean linen | stocktaking | preparing & delivery of linen prior to check-in & ensuring linen levels are in line with current arrivals, availability & are adjusted as required so not to be over stocked.
- All housekeeping areas including storage cupboards & linen room are kept clean, tidy & well organised, complying with Health & Safety regulations
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
- All staff have a discount of 50% on food purchased from the complex, this does not include specials or any drinks & is subject to conditions.
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum
- Progression Programme within the Company – Learning & development opportunities available with the potential to join the Company’s Skills Academy or Apprenticeship Development Programme.
With 33 caravan holiday parks across the southern UK coastline from Devon in the West to Suffolk in the East, we are the largest provider of caravan holiday parks in the South of England. We offer great value family UK caravan holidays and short breaks, with a selection of touring and camping holidays too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.