Front of House Manager - Wigan
At Total Fitness, we are made of more. We provide more ways to get fit, stay in shape, and more support to keep our members focused. Our 17 health clubs across the North of England and Wales provide a full service fitness offering; guided by our knowledgeable and supportive fitness teams, we work hard to meet the individual needs of our members.
We began in 1993 with a strong belief that everyone is better fitter, and our belief is stronger than ever today. We know that true fitness needs variety to keep workouts fresh and engaging, that’s why our large health clubs offer a range of facilities to stay fit- extensive gym floors, three swimming pools, over 70 classes a week, indoor running tracks, ladies only gyms and family facilities. Variety provides our members a route to all-encompassing fitness that lasts longer than a one off spin class.
Over 600 staff, with support from our fitness partners, deliver our purpose daily to over 95,000 members.
We’re made of more, because you are.
We are looking for a Front of House Manager. You will provide support to the General Manager and effectively be responsible for the overall running of club in the General Managers absence. You don’t need to be a pro in juggling but this role requires someone who can deal with thousands of members, a team of staff (recruiting and managing), ensure the club remains operational, ensure the necessary health and safety checks are completed daily and retaining members with only one pair of hands!
- 40 hours per week
- To manage the front of house team to include, reception and café area
- To deliver first class customer service
- To ensure the club opens and closes as per the company guidelines
- To ensure the club is operational at all times
- To be instrumental in the growth of the club
- To actively manage the profit and loss for retail and cafe. This will be done in conjunction with the club management
- Ensure the cafe / reception area is kept clean and tidy and hygiene standards are maintained
- To ensure the products on offer meet members expectations, both in retail, food and beverage
- Manage and control the stock, to reduce shrinkage and maximise profit margins
This position requires a dynamic individual who can lead a team to maximise profits and exceed our member’s expectations. Creating a professional and enjoyable environment is essential. You will need to have excellent leadership skills and possess the ability to multitask. The ideal candidate will have experience of managing a small team, working with profit and loss accounts, monitoring stock levels, ensuring the company procedures are followed and adhered to as well as being able to cope under pressure and remain focused.
In return we will offer you:
- Training and development opportunities that will enable you to advance as far as your talent and determination will take you
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free gym membership with a plus one and children under 15, plus 2 discounted memberships for family members or friends
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Discount on retail and cafe products
- 28 days holidays including public/bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time staff)
If you are interested, then don't waste any time and apply now!