The General Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the business both commercially and operationally.
They must be of exceptional leadership qualities and take full ownership of the team’s development, whilst modelling exceptional behaviours and be positive and solution focused, always.
They are the driver of overall revenue and profitability of the club, to ensure a positive impact is made on the clubs P+L.
They are a brand ambassador and live the SD values to create a safe, friendly, productive and enjoyable club environment for its members, prospects, guests and team.
They take ownership and accountability for all the clubs targets and KPI’s.
Need to be:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the fitness industry
- Highly motivated and inspirational.
- Fearless and determined with resilience and tenacity to keep going and find a way to win.
- Adaptable to change their approach when a different result is required.
- An inspirational leader, who’s own attitude and behaviours are infectious, on the whole team.
- A great communicator, understanding of which approach is required to gain the required response from the different individuals in your team.
- Able to positively influence other people’s behaviours and efforts to affect a result.
- A change agent, able to easily implement the company’s new strategies/policies with ease.
- A great trainer and coach, to ensure that your teams are competent in their areas, and constantly growing their abilities.
- Visual, Interactive and personable with all members.
- First Aid Emergency Responder and Pool Plant qualified (SD would be willing to train if required).
- Able to effectively manage all H+S policies and procedures.
- Flexible with shift patterns including weekend work and Bank holidays when required.
Need to Act:
- With total honesty and integrity, always.
- With drive, passion and energy.
- With candour, able to offer honest and constructive feedback, to ensure the team can fulfil their roles competently
- With empathy, able to understand the point of view from your team, benefiting from the effectiveness of joined up thinking.
- With bravery and incisiveness to make decisions for the good of the business.
- With a positive outlook, focused on strengths and solutions.
- As a role model, actively being involved in everybody’s role at times, leading by example.
- With a commercially focused outlook, positively influencing all revenue streams and controlling costs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve the targets and KPI’s set for the club.
- Managing the targets and KPI’s through your HOD’s and other team members.
- Understand and influence opportunities from your P+L.Create and mange business plans as and when required.
- Monthly, weekly and daily meetings with your HOD’s discussing performance, setting objectives and agreeing accountability
- Monthly, weekly and daily training/coaching sessions with your HOD’s.
- Ensure the correct people are in the right positions through effective recruitment and performance management.ensuring we have impeccable brand standards throughout the club by sticking to the allocated roster times and managing the effectiveness of the full team.
- To ensure full compliance of all company policies and procedures.
- To ensure the correct induction process is always followed for the introduction of new staff or role changes.
- All COSHH and Risk Assessments to be completed and reviewed 6 monthly/yearly as a minimum.
- To ensure that a fully qualified 1st aider is always on shift and at least 2 members of staff are working at the same time.