Kids Activity Leader (4-6 years) - Zakynthos, Greece
We believe that barefoot luxury is better shared with all ages, not just limited to “grown ups”. Our exceptional team and partners host activities for kids and teens who are grouped by school years instead of ages so they can make friends and enjoy age-relevant activities. Ultimately at Peligoni our focus is to inspire our young guests to be all they can be and to make the most of their holiday.
The Peligoni Crèche offers a safe haven for our youngest guests aged 3 months to 3 years whilst for slightly older children, we offer a varied and engaging programme of activities during the high season.
Children, aged four and five, who are either about to start Reception or who have just completed Reception can join our ‘Rugrats’. Led by our ‘Rugrats Leader’, they will have their own agenda including activities such as treasure hunts, pizza making, rock painting and our very own sports day.
We are looking for an experienced Childcare Professional, who can curate and lead a range of engaging and exciting activities for our Rugrats, ensuring just the right balance of action, activity, support and space to learn.
A typical day will involve two or three activities, which will take place within the crèche and in different areas of the club and children can join in as and when they want to. In between activities, our Rugrat Leader will assist in the crèche, helping to set-up and deliver activities, serving meals and clearing up and covering lunch breaks.
In addition to fun-packed days, kids tea is offered four days a week during high season as well as a range of evening options including a creative tie-dye night and a ‘party’ night with a disco in The Den.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a childcare professional who is looking for a job they love, in a stunning environment and perhaps who is looking for their next challenge with some added responsibility. We need someone who is full of energy, flexible and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that our younger guests have an unforgettable holiday.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Ensure our young guests receive the highest level of care
- Create and develop a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- Plan a variety of age appropriate indoor and outdoor activities each week
- Record keeping, where necessary
- Maintain a high level standard of health and safety
- Carry out detailed risk assessments
- Be responsible for daily cleaning and regular deep clean of equipment
- Assist in the crèche as and when required
- Communicate effectively with other departments who assist with the childcare operation
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Host kids tea during high season
- Host evening activities
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Creative and energetic
- Fun and outgoing
- Confident and assertive
- Safety conscious
- Patient and sympathetic by nature
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on your own, as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Minimum Level 2 CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education, or equivalent qualification
- Proven experience working with children aged 4 & 5
- Full Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- DBS Certificate
- Strong swimmer
- Available for the whole season (May-September)
- A full Driving License is desirable
- EU Passport Holder
- Competitive salary
- Financial contribution towards travel to Zakynthos
- Emergency medical insurance whilst at work
- Live out accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on a daily basis
- Access to bikes and gym equipment
- Access to all watersports facilities available at the club, including tuition
- Discounts on food, beverage, motorised watersports and massage and beauty treatments at the club