Childcare Professional - Zakynthos, Greece
The Peligoni Crèche is designed to be a safe haven where parents can leave their little ones in the care of our experienced and qualified childcare team whilst they relax and enjoy the club. Our main crèche is located on-site in a secure walled off section with a large grassy area for children to play safely. During busy periods, we open our second crèche, situated below the Peli Deli, which offers a bright and airy indoor play space and large open garden.
From treasure hunts to pizza making and rock painting to Olympic games, there’s plenty to keep children of all ages busy with a varied and engaging programme of activities during the peak season. We are looking for a team of experienced Childcare Professionals, who can work across a wide range of age groups, to ensure that our younger guests are always entertained and cared for.
Our crèche is open 7 days per week and cares for children from 4 months to 3 years. The crèche provides a calm and comforting environment for little ones with soft play as well as more stimulating toys, games and activities for toddlers. Our aim is to ensure that children have the opportunity to play with others their own age with appropriate activities but to also provide the flexibility to allow children to hang out with older siblings if they are more comfortable with this.
Children aged 4 or 5, or our ‘Rugrats’, are encouraged to join our daily programme of activities. Typically this will involve two activities each day which will take place in the crèche and in different areas of the club and children can join in as and when they want to.
During May half term and the high season months of July and August we offer a high-energy and engaging range of activities for children aged 5-11 years.
In addition to fun-packed days, evening care and activities are also offered on selected evenings during both low and high season, as well as babysitting.
This is a fantastic opportunity for childcare professionals who are looking for a job they love, in a stunning environment. We need a team who are full of energy, creative and caring and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that our younger guests have an unforgettable holiday.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Ensure our young guests receive the highest level of care
- Create and develop a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- Plan and carry out a variety of age appropriate indoor and outdoor activities each week
- Record keeping, where necessary
- Maintain a high level standard of health and safety
- Carry out detailed risk assessments
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Be responsible for daily cleaning and regular deep clean of the crèche
- Report any maintenance issues within the crèche in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with other departments who assist with the childcare operation
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Provide support to the rest of the childcare team
- Host evening activities
- Prepare healthy and nutritious snacks for children
- Serve lunch and tea daily
- Work a minimum of 2 nights babysitting (for which you will be paid extra)
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Creative and energetic
- Fun and outgoing
- Confident and assertive
- Safety conscious
- Patient and sympathetic by nature
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on your own, as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Level 3 CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education, or equivalent qualification
Note those with a level 2 qualification will be considered if they can demonstrate a good level of experience and passion for working in childcare.
- Proven experience working with babies and young children
- Full Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- DBS Certificate
- Good swimmer
- Available for the whole season (May-September)
- A full Driving License is desirable
- EU Passport Holder
- Competitive salary
- Financial contribution towards travel to Zakynthos
- Emergency medical insurance whilst at work
- Live out accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on a daily basis
- Access to bikes and gym equipment
- Access to all watersports facilities available at the club, including tuition
- Discounts on food, beverage, motorised watersports and massage and beauty treatments at the club