Beach Supervisor - Greece
Watersports are a huge part of The Peligoni Club experience and our coastal location is designed to ensure that our guests get the best of the beautiful Ionian Sea. Whether it’s wakeboarding, a banana boat ride, or an afternoon of sailing, The Peligoni Club is a perfect place to enjoy a watersports holiday in Greece.
We are looking for a highly-motivated and experienced Beach Supervisor to join our existing beach management team to ensure the smooth delivery of fun and engaging lessons to our guests of all ages and abilities.
WATERSPORTS AT PELIGONI
We like to do things well. And that means having the right tools, the right people and the right approach. We equip the beach with the best equipment from the world’s top manufacturers, including sailing boats from Laser Performance and RS sailing, windsurfing equipment from Tushingham and Severne, and ski boats by MasterCraft.
Our watersports staff are RYA qualified instructors, many of them in multiple disciplines, and they are the life and soul of the club, with outgoing can-do attitudes to inspire the young and give confidence to the nervous.
Guests do not need to book lessons in advance, everything is run on a first come, first serve basis as we aim to encourage as many guests as we can to get out on the water. Lessons are predominantly one-to-one, although there are also group progression sessions every day. The main emphasis, however, is to allow our guests to have fun on the water in a safe and beautiful environment.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As Beach Supervisor, you will support the Beach Manager with the day-to-day operation of the beach. This is a diverse and challenging role covering many different areas including staff management, evaluating lessons, health and safety, maintaining equipment and offering instruction.
Our staff are the heart of the Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique, we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
- Support the Beach Manager with the day-to-day operation of the Beach
- Ensure a high standard of service is maintained at all times and that guests are made to feel welcome at the beach and encouraged to get out on the water
- Assist the Beach Manager with staff training
- Manage and motivate the beach team
- Continually evaluate the quality of instruction and identify and address areas needing development
- Implement beach health and safety policies, ensuring a high standard of safety is maintained at all times
- Audit, evaluate and manage risk ensuring any remedial action is taken immediately
- Manage daily maintenance of beach equipment
- Oversee the club’s weekly Regatta
- Provide a high level of instruction for guests and staff using the beach
- Windsurfing and/or dinghy instruction
- Oversee daily progression sessions based on guests abilities
- Meet and greet guests in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Provide support to the childcare team when they are carrying out water-based activities.
- Implement and participate in a ‘bad weather’ programme
- When required, participate in evening events in the club
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to ensure a positive working environment and sense of team spirit to create the best guest experience at all times
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Passionate about watersports and coaching
- Safety conscious
- Fun and outgoing
- Outstanding work ethic
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- RYA Senior Dinghy, Windsurf or Dual Qualified Instructor
- RYA Powerboat level 2 and RYA Safety Boat
- RYA Multihull, Advanced Dinghy or Racing Instructor endorsements are desirable
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- International Certificate of Competence (ICC)
- Proven experience of coaching in a watersports centre
- Proven experience of coaching children
- Proven experience in leading a team
- Practical experience of Kayaking and Stand Up Paddleboarding is desirable
- Available for the whole season (May-September)
- UK/EU Passport holder and/or valid visa
- A full UK/EU Driving License is desirable
ARE YOU OUR NEXT BEACH SUPERVISOR?
If you think you are the perfect person to join our beach team then we want to hear from you. Just click on the link below to apply.