We are recruiting for a General Manager
Who We Are:
Fusion is a leading Sports, Leisure and Fitness operator. A registered charity, the company mission is to bring health and well-being to communities across the UK.
Our General Managers lead their teams to deliver outstanding service within the communities in which we operate. Some of the responsibilities of the General Manager role include (but are not limited to):
Financial Controls, and Operations:
- Guide the overall provision of services, policies and programmes to ensure the Centre achieves its targets and objectives
- Implement, review and report on the Centre’s Annual Service plan, and ensure the development and implementation of, (and compliance with), the Centre’s annual financial plans
- Support the overall process of management and corporate decision making to ensure the Centre maximises its short, medium and long term profitability
- Implement, maintain and manage an effective system of controls throughout the Centre covering financial, non-financial and health and safety aspects of the business. Ensure revenue protection compliance and conduct weekly audits
- Management, compliance, monitoring, reporting and communication of Centre’s financial and physical resources
Leadership and People Management:
- Ensure the Centre operating objectives and standards of performance are owned by management team and employees
- Lead and develop an effective, cohesive Centre Management Team to deliver on their individual and centre objectives
- In conjunction with the HR team, implement effective recruitment, people management, development, retention and succession planning strategies for the Centre
- Line management responsibilities for recruitment, induction, delivering training, appraisal, development and performance management of staff, including 1-2-1s
- Ensure the Centre is properly resourced so that it is able to effectively and efficiently deliver the development plan, and contractual terms and conditions
Customer and Client Care:
- Ensure customer, third party and client relationship management processes and procedures are fully implemented in the Centre
- Deliver high quality services and standards within the Centre, supported by F360
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Fusion’s Safeguarding Policy, acting as the Designated Safeguarding Lead in the Centre
Hygiene, Health and Safety:
- Champion in role and provide clear leadership with regards to compliance with all health and safety procedures and legislative requirements, resolve or escalate issues as appropriate
- As needed, undertake area cleaning, maintenance and remedial repairs of equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, seeking resolutions to any faults, issues or major repairs
- Ensure that appropriate standards of conduct are established, controlled and complied with at all times
Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential to our General Managers, and you will need significant previous experience of working as a General Manager within the leisure or hospitality sector. Clear understanding of, and a proven ability to manage, all aspects of financial planning and budgets will be necessary, as well as a “can-do” attitude and a real passion to be the best.
- First Aid at Work qualification (*training is available for this)
- CIMSPA membership is also desirable, although not essential
- If you are applying for a centre that has pools, you will also need a Pool Plant Operator Qualification
- If you are applying to work at a centre where alcohol is sold, you will need to have your own personal licence. (*training online through Fusion is available for this)
*Training can be offered. More information regarding training would be made available to you, should you be offered a position within the business.
Some of the employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include*:
- Up to 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata, contractual)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres*
- Free eye tests*
- Industry leading training and development
- Career advancement opportunities
*Please note that non-contractual employee benefits may be frozen, revised or subject to change. Fusion reserve the right to amend or remove non-contractual employee benefits at any time.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.