General Manager - Sittingbourne
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a passionate and commercially driven General Manager to take the lead of our brand - new 300 covers open plan sharing style dining concept, which includes Pittsburger – our gourmet burger concession & Fratelli’s – our American/Italian pizza concession, 2 bars and our exclusive private hire areas. Reporting to the Senior Business Manager, you will lead the team and operations – including the development of our food concepts, whilst ensuring efficiency and the profitable running of our venue.
Taking a commercial approach that balances excellent guest experience with the financial needs of the business is key! You will be able to lead by example whilst living the Company’s values to provide a safe, engaging and positive work environment for the team, so they can deliver an exceptional guest experience that surprises and delights our guests.
What we are looking for
- Previous general management/F&B Management experience in a fast paced multi-faceted Hospitality/entertainment business
- Experience managing/overseeing kitchen teams
- A real foodie with passion for using fresh ingredients and knowledge of latest food trends.
- Enthusiasm and passion for hospitality and delivering exceptional guest service.
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrable experience of motivating and inspiring large teams.
- Have a sound operating knowledge of business systems, for example, Planday, Fourth Hospitality, F&B, Compliance Centre, Vista
- Excellent knowledge on Food Safety, Health and Safety and licensing laws and regulations
- Experience in resolving facilities issues
- Ability to work under pressure with great time management skills
- Knowledge and experience of managing a full P&L
- Personal Licence Holder
- Desire to progress in the role and grow with the company.
The Light Perks
- Negotiable salary dependent upon experience + excellent salary package
- Employee discounts on food and drink,
- 28 days holiday,
- Unlimited free cinema tickets/ tickets for friends and family**
- Employee discount on food and drink
- Private medical insurance
- Healthcare cash plans and benefits portal
- Company pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Career development opportunities and fun working environment
About The Light
At The Light, we like to break the mould and think outside the box. We’re passionate about what we do, our desire to entertain, delight and inspire our guests has been at the heart of everything we have done since we started in 2011. We now have ten cinemas nationwide, with two further openings planned for later this year and other exciting developments in the pipeline. With each opening, our brand has evolved with food and drink becoming an integral part of our offer!
Our BRAND-NEW concept site opening in Sittingbourne will take our guest experience to the next level. Whilst offering our well known unique spaces where guests can enjoy the latest blockbusters, independent and international films plus a selection of live events in state-of-the-art screens, in Sittingbourne, our guests will be able to enjoy freshly prepared, sharing style food served from one of our open kitchens/concessions or relax with a cocktail in one of our beautiful bars or have some fun at our first new concept 9 lane bowling alley, with a tech driven retro gaming arcade.
If you’re excited by what you see, then you know what to do!