Data Project Manager - Leeds
Data Project Manager
Do you have experience in managing a variety of data related projects, using cross functional team, 3rd party resources (sometimes overseas), using both Waterfall and Agile approaches?
Future' is the name for the programme that will see Asda create their new operating model, independent from Walmart. Technology will undoubtedly be one of the most ambitious parts of this work where all of the technology decisions made will underpin the way the entire business will operate in the future. To enable this programme, the technology operating model will be transitioned to become self-sufficient from Walmart offering so many exciting opportunities.
You'll join the team on a 2 year fixed term position. As the technology team is set to grow dramatically, a number of other exciting new roles will become available in future.
- Owning and managing the overall project plan (overall timescales, finances, resources, governance)
- Owning and managing the overall scope of the project/product
- Overall responsibility for project artefacts (risks, issues, dependencies, assumptions, RACI, decisions log)
- Supporting with escalations / blockers
- Ensuring Security reviews are completed where necessary
- Working with the Development Manager to ensure funding is available for the development resources needed
- Managing overall finances and project purchase orders, including for external resource
- Ensuring we have the right non-dev resource on/involved in the project (QA Leadership, Security, Service, Architecture, Release, etc)
- Ad hoc attending daily development team calls
- Coordinating and leading regular meetings with the Business, Sponsor and stakeholders
- Responsible for official status reporting and ensuring Sponsor and stakeholders receive regular updates on progress
- Escalating blockers that cannot be controlled by the project team or are at risk of being delayed to Sponsor and stakeholders
- Liaising/coordinating with other project teams to manage interdependencies, align on timescales and coordinate resources
You'll have worked on the delivery of some data projects/products previously. You will be proactive, resilient with strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or 5,700 car allowance, plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email email@example.com