Assistant Maintenance Manager - L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, Jersey
Looking for a full time, interesting and enjoyable maintenance role?
If looking after a stunning beachfront Hotel and working with colleagues who feel like family, sounds like something you would enjoy, then this is the role for you.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and proactive Assistant Maintenance Manager to join our Hand Picked Hotel team at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa in Jersey, Channel Islands. This is a full time position working mainly between the hours of 8am and 4pm over 5 days which will include weekends.
Alongside proactive routine tasks and work schedules that help keep the Hotel looking beautiful and ensure the safety of our guests and colleagues; the role also includes a lot of reactive maintenance work too. We are looking for someone who will remain calm under pressure (regardless of any spanner being thrown in the work), has an eye for detail and will look after the Hotel and staff accommodation like it’s their own.
To be successful you will have lots of different skills in your toolbox, from plumbing to carpentry and decorating to tiling. You will also have experience in Health & Safety management and maintaining accurate records.
Being an Assistant Maintenance Manager requires patience and dedication, a sense of humour, stamina and the ability to turn your hand to anything.
Have we hit the nail on the head? If this sounds like the kind of role you have been looking for then we want to hear from you!
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation charged at £44.50 per week and meals provided
- 29 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in stunning surroundings in a beautiful beach front location on the island
- Training & Development to include Hand Picked People management training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing and Appraisal Skills and the option to complete a Level 5 Management apprenticeship
- You’ll have previous experience in Maintenance management and a wide range of skills and knowledge
- You’ll be motivated by keeping this stunning Hotel looking her best and in excellent working order
- You’ll enjoy being responsible and taking ownership of the safety and security of the Hotel and all of its guests
- You’ll enjoy working with people and building a rapport with your colleagues
- Most of all, you’ll have a professional, organised and friendly approach
L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa has 106 bedrooms, restaurants and health club and spa facilities. Many of our team members also live in our staff accommodation and this also forms part of the maintenance teams remit.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.