Senior Web Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Digital trading
Based: East Croydon
The website performance and digital trading are fundamental to The Gym's low-cost, no contract, 24x7 offering. Over the last 3 years we've invested heavily in our digital presence, with our platform winning prestigious awards including a Digital Masters Award in 2018 and a Digital Experience Award in 2019. We're now looking to maximise the value of this investment by building a high-performing trading and optimisation team.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Trading you will have a minimum of 6 years web analytics experience and be responsible for building and driving an eCommerce Analytics & Reporting programme that supports the overall online trading strategy. You will lead and improve the use of online data within the business and support smarter decision making across our estate of gyms championing the reporting function for all online ecommerce data.
Your work will identify and drive specific insight into our online commercial performance and support the optimisation of our online performance and experience.
The Snr. Web Analyst will be experienced in audience segment building, analysing traffic sources and understanding website gym journeys / transaction funnels across devices to identify growth opportunities for our different membership propositions - both in our eCommerce Sales Journey and our Members Area experience.
- Lead the design and delivery of TGG Analytics and Web Reporting programme spanning acquisition, conversion and yielding levers that support eCommerce performance.
- Play a key role in supporting large strategic website and platform developments developing robust data-driven business cases for investment and measurement.
- Develop a deep understanding of our online customers and behaviour, building segments and profiles of core customer groups and the relevant products they purchase that can be used for future geo-targeting and personalisation opportunities
- Work with the wider data team, Business Analysts, the Commercial & Marketing team and a range of internal stakeholders to define, specify and support key business initiatives
- Work closely with our Trading, Commercial & Marketing, Operations, Property, Finance and Technology teams to ensure web analytics is understood across the organisation
- Lead and define how we should measure and report performance for certain ecommerce initiatives.
- Train users of our online reporting tools (Google Analytics etc.) where necessary
- Provide strategic recommendations to Developers and our CRO Manager to support them optimise online customer journeys.
- Conduct in-depth studies around the key online metrics and their practical use in the business such as conversion rate, channel mix, traffic, lead booking time etc.
- Drive growth in online performance through production of online insight that can be used to improve conversion rate and optimisation strategies.
- Design, develop and build eCommerce Scorecard for the business
- Support the Board and Director network with ad hoc research and analysis requests based around online metrics and online performance
- Manage and maintain integrity of e-commerce data within the business and be accountable for the management of our analytics agency partner.
- Provide leadership and steer the business around the use of online metrics and their evolving definitions over time.
- Extensive experience of working in a transactional commerce environment
- An impeccable eye for detail
- Google Analytics 360 (Advanced)
- Google Tag Manager (Advanced)
- Google Optimise, VWO or similar
- Testing Strategy & Reporting
- SEO Tools (Screaming Frog, SEM Rush, Stat)
- Website Performance Auditing
- Technical working experience of analytical tracking, website tagging and creating sales funnels
- Advanced Excel
- Sound knowledge of SQL databases is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of sales/margin reporting process and data management tools.
- Agency Management Experience
- Project Management
- Power BI
- A high-performance mindset, with a highly analytical and commercially minded approach
- Knowledge of a wide range of practices, approaches and tools that can improve online performance
- Interest in a wide range of digital technologies and a great understanding of customer behaviour
- Exceptional interpersonal and senior stakeholder management skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts and influence people at all levels
- Self-motivated, charismatic, energetic, with an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Report on online performance in a timely and accurate manner with the tools available
- Ability to consider analytics from a real customer perspective.
- An enthusiastic & flexible working attitude with a passion for metrics and quantitative analysis and a willingness to support others and cover areas outside your role remit or natural comfort zone.
- Skilled in presenting and explaining statistical information.
- Previous management experience desirable.