Restaurant Team Leader - The Newt in Somerset - Hotel
Our Hotel F&B team are placed across two restaurants in our Hotel
Hadspen House is the focal point of our estate, housing a 23-bedroom hotel, library, bar and kitchen called the Botanical Rooms. We offer a true, farm to fork dining experience in a beautifully designed, atmospheric 60 cover restaurant. All food is prepared in our kitchen with ingredients fresh from our gardens or locally sourced, ensuring quality and seasonality throughout our offering. Open for breakfast through to dinner, we also host afternoon tea in the library and early evening cocktails on the terrace. The department extends into the house, encompassing the bar, library, croquet lawn, terrace and badminton court – delivering exceptional service throughout.
The Farmyard, a reimagined dairy nestled in the rolling Somerset hillside, our newest hotel project which houses 17 beautiful guest rooms within a newly renovated farmhouse with outbuildings. The Farmyard boasts a swimming pool, games room, honesty bar and 40-cover restaurant. Open breakfast through to dinner and using the finest produce from the estate, we cook in a wood fired oven and our chefs serve straight to the table. Seasonally lead, hearty yet humble sharing dishes with carafes of wine served in a beautiful stone barn, with relaxed yet high-end service and open kitchen.
As Team Leader you will ensure smooth and efficient running of breakfast, lunch or dinner service in the restaurants. You will be confidant, self-motivated, lead from the front and be passionate about hospitality. Prime focus will be on guest’s experience throughout the dining experience, supporting your managers in ensuring front of house team delivers and upholds the exceptional service levels. You will be responsible for delivering impeccable service within a team of 15 staff, enthusing, coaching and supporting. Creating and ensuring a close working relationship with your team is key, as department fluidity is essential for our business.
- Ensure the restaurant is impeccably set and that service throughout is faultless.
- Ensure the guest has the best possible experience, enthusing your team to prevail.
- Support staff training, development and motivation.
- Enforcing systems to manage the team and overall presentation of the department to ensure high standards are upheld.
- Ensure your team and their knowledge is current and correct, installing confidence in theirs and your delivery.
- Liaise with Restaurant Manager to ensure private dining and special events are executed well throughout the department.
- Ensure department requisitions are prompt and meets business requirements.
- Maintain company representation, ensuring you and your team always look impeccable.
- Ensure The Newt’s style of service and ethos is always upheld.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a Supervisor (1year) or Head Waiter role (2years) in high-end restaurant required
- Willingness to develop, grown and keep up with the demands of our developing business
- Confident in service and feels comfortable leading
- Great attention to detail
- Great time management and self-motivated
- Passion for food, beverage and luxury hospitality
- Basic computer skills
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Annual Performance Bonus
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Anniversary stay in the hotel each year, Dinner bed and breakfast.
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities