Swim Teachers - £15 per hour - Hanworth
Hounslow’s Leisure Services are under new management after we recently announced the successful transfer of all facilities to the Council and Lampton Leisure. The six leisure centres and five public halls in the borough owned by Hounslow Council will be run by this brand new entity.
Lampton Leisure has been set up as a not-for-profit organisation, which means that any financial gains will be reinvested back into the leisure centres, enabling us to improve our offer.
This is an incredibly exciting time for motivated Swim Teachers to join us and help us on the first steps to achieving our vision.
- To develop, organise and deliver safe, enjoyable, high-quality swim lessons, whilst supervising and mentoring Assistant Swimming Teachers where appropriate.
Hygiene and Safety:
- Champion in role and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policies and procedures
- .Carry out testing and /or other hygiene, health and safety checks as directed, passing results immediately to the appropriate person and escalating potential issues promptly
- Safely support managing customer flow and expectation of waiting times and attendance across the pool area and lessons
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of the relevant equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing to attention any faults or major repairs to the relevant team
- Proactively manage staff and customer behaviour during the use of facilities to ensure highest possible levels of safety and enjoyment
Other Tasks and Responsibilities:
- .Undertake sessions according to the programme timetable, ensuring classes commence and finish at the designated times
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of sessions, responsible for equipment set-up, take-down and security, where appropriate
- Supervise and mentor ASA/Swim England Level 1 Assistant Swimming Teachers as required
- Carry out all administrative tasks associated with the position, including lesson plans, schemes of work, class registers and continuous assessment of pupils
- Assist in the development of programming through innovative ideas and initiating actions to meet the demands of the customers
- Comply with the Swim England Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct at all times
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Fusion’s Safeguarding policy
- Adhere to Fusion’s Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
- Assist members of the public in their use of the facilities, encouraging maximum usage
- Assist in the communication and promotion of the centre’s services
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing and training requirements
- ASA/Swim England Level 2 or STA Certificate in Teaching Swimming
- Current IOS license
- Experience of teaching a diverse customer base
- Experience of successfully mentoring / supporting colleagues
Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation and procedure, and the ability to exercise these in the workplace
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, questioning and delivering effective feedback, and the ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers, children and their parents
- Good numerical and written skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the swimming lesson programme and the centre
- Ability to deliver first class customer service to a diverse client base
- Empathic and caring, whilst modelling hygienic and safe ways of working and standards of behaviour
- Honest, but always constructive and positive
- A solutions-focused team player with a “can-do” attitude
- The ability to motivate and inspire others to do better
- Observant, vigilant and an excellent listener
The job description is intended to include the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor exclusive but while some variations will be expected, these will be at an appropriate level for the role.