NCS Wave Manager - Shaftesbury, Dorset
Do you want to work with and inspire young people?
Join us on the NCS Programme this summer!
NCS is a unique, once in a lifetime opportunity for 15 – 17 year olds to build skills for work and life. You’ll be responsible for multiple NCS teams at a time throughout their NCS journey (2 – 3 weeks).
Activate is looking to hire Seasonal Wave Managers for work in July/August this year. Multiple dates of work are available!
During the programme you will…
- Responsible for the smooth running of the NCS programme
- Lead and organise all staff who are managing their individual teams of young people
- Be available for any support or guidance needed for the young people or staff in your teams
- Maintain high levels of care and safety
- Respond to any issues / emergencies effectively and quickly
- Ensure the maximum achievement and performance of the NCS groups
- Support the NCS’ objectives of Social Cohesion, Engagement and Integration
- Manage and organise multiple teams whilst they take part in a variety of activities such as water sports, outdoor adventure, team building and life skills
- Oversee your teams whilst they plan and deliver a social action project within their local area
Why work for us…
- Receive full support and training before the NCS programme starts
- Work with like-minded people to support young people and make a difference
- Gain fantastic, nationally recognised experience working with young people
- Flexible start dates to choose from
Earn between £305.10 and £420.75 a week dependent on your experience and role
We’re looking for…
- Strong organisation, motivation and presentation skills
- Experience of managing and inspiring a team of staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced in and enjoys working with young people
- Experience of health and safety, and safeguarding procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of NCS
- Previous experience in a residential setting is desirable
- Valid Driving Licence and use of own vehicle
Please note - Every candidate will be submitted for an Enhanced DBS Check once offered a role.