Residential Outdoor Stores & Equipment Coordinator - Yorkshire
Activate are looking to hire an experienced staff member to help coordinate and facilitate a variety of Outdoor Activities at a Pop-Up Outdoor Activity Centre during a National Citizen Service (NCS) programme.
NCS is a unique opportunity for 15 - 17 year olds to build skills for work and life. During the programme, approximately 150 participants will spend a week at the residential site taking part in a range of outdoor adventure activities, water sports, team building and games.
This is a short-term contract to work two separate weeks during summer: 11th July - 16th July AND 2nd August - 6th August. The successful applicant will be required to stay residentially at the site in Ampleforth, North Yorkshire during these dates.
We are happy to welcome candidates from across the country as this is a residential role. You will need to be able to get yourself to and from the site on the start/end dates above.
You will be earning £85 per day with overtime paid per hour if required.
- Manage all stores and equipment logistics at the residential site
- Recording and maintaining logs of checked in/out equipment
- Safety check all equipment upon return, decommission and replace prior to the next session if unsafe to use
- Ensure every piece of equipment can be accounted for at all times through a clear sign in/out procedure
- Maintain fully stocked first aid kits
- Manage tuck shop
- Coordinate with and support any External Activity Providers who are delivering activities on the site
- With support from the Venue Manager and Outdoor Activities Team, make sure all facilities and any equipment needed is ready and set up in line with the timetables for each group of young people
- Supporting the Venue Manager with any tasks related to the residential buildings
- Follow and maintain all health & safety procedures
- Respond to any problems and emergencies effectively and quickly
- Work alongside the Outdoor Activities Team, the Venue Manager and any External Activity Providers to ensure the smooth running of the NCS programme at the site
- Engage with the young people, activities and the NCS programme on site
- Complete any other programme related tasks
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience working in an outward bound / outdoor activity setting
- Ability to quickly understand and follow timetables and schedules, and be able to adapt and respond to any changes as needed
- Knowledge and understanding of healthy & safety procedures
*Valid Driving Licence and the use of your own Vehicle*
Why work for us…
- Receive full support and training before the NCS programme starts
- Work with like-minded people to support young people and make a difference
- Boarding and food costs are included and will not be deducted from your agreed pay rate
- Gain fantastic, nationally recognised experience working with young people
*Every candidate will be submitted for an Enhanced DBS Check once offered a role*