Chefs All Levels - Visitor Attraction - The Newt in Somerset
Assistance with relocation available
The Newt in Somerset is a new and unique destination already attracting a recognition at the highest level. Food is a passion across the estate, whether hotel or our restaurants or farm shop. Much is sourced from the estate and trusted local suppliers. We make what we can inhouse which includes bakery and pastry items, cheeses, fermented goods, preserves and chutneys and of course amazing meals!
We are looking for talented dedicated cooks and chefs of all levels to work across our cafes, restaurants and production kitchen!
Food & Beverage encompasses a multitude of venues including the Botanical Rooms, Garden Café, Bakery, Cyder Bar, Gelateria & Story of Gardening Museum. As our Estate grows, we have plans to enhance and increase our offering with prime focus on creating special culinary experiences, inspired from the land around us. Our kitchens forge close relationships with our farming and production teams and source local artisans to create truly unique products and dining experiences here in Somerset.
As a member of our culinary team you must share our passion for food, feel inspired by seasons and have a connection with the land, eager to seize what our Estate has to offer. The Newt can offer opportunities to grow as a young cook, developing skillsets in different kitchens, whilst also having roles that may suit an experienced hand looking to refine themselves. You will be happy to work as part of a team and be passionate about hospitality. We are looking for like minded driven cooks who want to create amazing food from stunning produce. Kitchen team members are the engine room of our kitchens, driving our productivity and creativity.
- Maintaining high standards of work as directed by kitchen lead
- Being flexible, creative, driven
- Being customer led and focused , ensuring our guests enjoy amazing experiences
- Ensuring the smooth running of the kitchen and high standards of food safety
- Supporting senior kitchen team members, training junior kitchen team members
- Fully engaging in the estate and all its offering
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar operation desirable
- Ability to work under pressure in the public eye
- Confidence in talking to others
- Good attention to detail
- Great time management and self-motivated
- Passion for food, beverage and luxury hospitality
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Anniversary stay in the hotel each year, Dinner bed and breakfast.
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities