Maintenance Supervisor - Brighton
At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We invest in our properties and our employees. We are a family owned business with family values at our core.
About the role...
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience – working in Maintenance, you’ll keep everything looking amazing and running like clockwork. You’ll have good troubleshooting skills to resolve complex jobs, and enthusiasm to complete simple repairs along with being forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support your work, you’ll approach every task with devotion and pride.
You’ll support your general manager and wider team to ensure all aspects of hotel maintenance and property are kept to the very best standards and in line with all relevant health and safety legislature and procedures, keeping an organised and secure maintenance office, and ensuring the completion of the required documentation. You’ll be responsible for the efficient operation of the hotel property and all its equipment, and support in maintaining the preventative maintenance plan. You’ll support with leading managing service contracts and be a key contact for all contractors.
Importantly, you’ll lead the team in all aspects of venue maintenance to keep it looking it’s best under your leadership.
As a Maintenance Supervisor you will work as part of the hotel team to undertake hotel repairs, upgrades and service so guests can relax and be energised in a room that looks like it is brand new.
You will be able to deal with a variety of issues on a day to day basis, multitasking and prioritising as necessary and assist in maintaining a fully functioning and efficient Hotel environment, with emphasis on forward planning, routine maintenance programmes and prompt repairs.
Ideally you will have previous experience within Hotel maintenance, a thorough knowledge of all areas of the trade and a good understanding of legislation and requirements. Additionally you’ll have:
- Strong communication skills through a variety of means
- Self-motivated, adaptable, an excellent team motivator and team builder
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks
- High attention to detail and accuracy – great at managing one’s own time and the time of the team
- Excellent knowledge of health & safety, Fire Safety, building codes, laws and regulations and all role related statutory requirements, promoting a safety conscious working environment at all times
- A good understanding of heating, ventilation and plumbing building services, with up-to-date knowledge of maintenance techniques. Experience of using old and new stele equipment
The Old Ship Hotel is Brighton’s most historic hotel, is located on the famous seafront, and is just a short walk from superb shopping, entertainment and other attractions including Britain’s oldest aquarium, Brighton Pier and the British Airways i360. With parts dating back to 1559, The Old Ship Hotel is steeped in history and royal connections, yet in the heart of this vibrant city, easily accessible from London by road and rail, it’s perfect for discovering Brighton’s fascinating Regency past, strolling on the promenade, or simply enjoying a day on the beach.
- Cairn Group Staff Discount Scheme
- Retail and travel discounts
- Recruit a friend Scheme
- Induction and training programme
- Star of the Month & Golden Ticket Award
- Pension scheme
- Meals on Duty
- Cycle 2 work scheme*
- Free use of Gym
* apply to positions above minimum wage