Events Operations Manager
The HAC - London
Part Time - 20 Hours
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a 'London thing to do'.
As an Events Operations Manager at Searcys you will plan, organise and deliver a successful operation of all events, hospitality and conference, and banqueting areas within the Operations department with the relevant department heads' assistance.
- Liaise with other key personal, Restaurant, Sutlling bar, events and sales department, to deliver service the meets and exceed the client expectations.
- Brief the Operations team on all aspects of the business and to oversee the running of all events, workings lunches and dining.
- Meet all client's expectations, with exceptional customer service, ensuring that the event is as they require, ensuring that any on the day changes are passed on to the relevant people where necessary.
- Manage the restaurant manager, the Sutling Stewart and the Event staff and liaise with them daily regarding the business and staff delegation.
- Train or provide training to the staff to ensure they operate according to the department standards, including any agency or casual labour that may be required.
- Monitor and the standards achieved in your department and report to your line managers any areas of concerns.
- Liaise with key people in all crucial areas (kitchen, events, restaurant and bar) to ensure food and service provision is consistent and in line with menu/standards pre-agreed.
- Deal effectively and courteously with customer complaints and to refer all complaints to the general manager when required.
- Carry out regular checks of the events areas for maintenance, housekeeping and other health and safety issues. Report to the facilities department any problems that require immediate attention.
- Deputise for the operations manager in their absence or when delegated to do so.
- Excellent product knowledge (food/beverage).
- Experience in running large events, dinners.
- Strong business acumen.
- Lead by example by acting professionally at all times.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Takes initiative.
- Lead innovation and keep abreast with current trends in the market.
- Excellent time management.
- Supportive / Team player.
- Financially astute.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience in managing and leading a team.
- Excellent customer care skills
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.