We are now hiring!
Maintenance Technician - Devon Area
Our Maintenance Technicians make sure our leisure facilities are all in working order. As the Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for responding to any reactive maintenance issues, preventative maintenance life-cycles and for overseeing and monitoring contractors. You will also be required to complete weekly checks and maintain statutory records.
To be successful as a Maintenance Technician, you will need to have previous experience working in a similar role across multiple sites. Experience in trouble shooting failures to mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and associated plant is also necessary, as well as having a working knowledge of planned preventive maintenance. You will also need to be competent in completing multi-skilled repairs in basic electrical, plumbing and carpentry. Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and how it relates to service delivery is also preferred.
Some of the responsibilities of this role include:
Responsible for the equipment within the leisure centres including:
- The day to day operation of boilers, filtration plant, chemical dosing plant , air conditioning plant and any other equipment as required
- Trouble shooting and repairs of faults to mechanical and electrical plant
- The provision of Swimming Pool water hygiene maintenance( daily back washes etc)
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure adequate technical advice is given on the safe operation of the pool, including a high standard of pool hygiene
- Responsible for carrying out planned maintenance schedules as specified including: inspection of plant, routine cleaning, remedial work, recommending action concerning any defects, recommend energy conservation
- Responsible to undertake all repairs to ensure the efficient operation of the centre including: carpentry, painting and plumbing works, electrical and mechanical, equipment and fabric of the building
- Operate in a safe manner and advise management on all aspects of Hygiene, Health & Safety within areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the monitoring, stock control, ordering and safe storage of all parts and equipment.
- Liaise with contractors and monitor works carried out
- Maintain accurate records including L8 hygiene, meter readings, health and safety and contractor log book
- To deliver the Environmental management programme and adhere to relevant accreditation requirements, reporting any environmental deviations, incidents and suggestions to relevant line manager
Hygiene and Safety:
We highly prioritise the safety of our customers and team members. All team members across the business play their part in ensuring our centres and sites are safe and hygienic places to work.
You will champion in role, and take personal responsibility for all hygiene and health and safety procedures when working from any Fusion centre or site.
You will also commit to undertaking day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and fittings relevant to your role, (including phones, PCs, plug sockets and cables, tables, doors and door handles, and other shared usage equipment and touch points), to the highest possible standards; informing centre management immediately of any hygiene or health and safety risks.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN, Employee Benefits:
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include*:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata, contractual)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Career advancement opportunities
*Please note that non-contractual employee benefits may be frozen, revised or subject to change. Fusion reserve the right to amend or remove non-contractual employee benefits at any time.
If you are looking to start or further your career in leisure, within a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.