Sommelier (Michelin) at Grantley Hall
Working closely with restaurant manager with Operating Fine Dining Restaurant to reach the standards outlined in the Procedure Guidelines.
Assisting and supporting the Restaurant Manager in ensuring that customers experience the highest level of service.
- Capable of creating, purchase and manage a cellar of 300 wines plus.
- Inspire and train staff from your wine knowledge and experience.
- Help with food service, when possible, with the restaurant team.
- Responsible for maintaining good staff welfare.
- Making sure the wine and drinks service is at the highest level.
- Train and develop the staff using the company procedures.
- To deliver wine events and tastings to our customers.
- To manage and take ownership of the cellars and distribution of stock.
- Undertake monthly stock takes and overseeing and ordering of stock, keeping prices up to date on the EPOS system.
- Help push sales to gain the best possible profit for the restaurant.
- Responsible for H&S, FSA requirements, Allergy Laws and Hygiene ratings.
Key Skills, Qualities & Experiences
- Team player.
- Previous experience in a fine dining restaurant.
- Be passionate about delivering the highest levels of service to our guest in an engaging way.
- Perform wine decanting in a professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Well organised with great attention to detail.
- To have a proven track record in building a notable wine list.
- To be qualified to level 3 WSET or CMS.
- To ensure areas are always clean and tidy.
- To deal with customer complaints immediately and effectively.
- Ability to pass your enthusiasm to guests and team members alike.
- Well-presented and well-mannered.
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five-star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sommelier to ensure our guests receive a five-star service.
• Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
• We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
• Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a NEST pension scheme.
• 24/7 team assistant line.
• Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
• Refer a Friend Award.
• All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5-star career at a 5 star hotel.