General Manager - Newbury Fitness and Wellbeing Club - 40k-50k dependent on skills and experience
Nuffield Health is Britain's largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as a General Manager in our Newbury Fitness & Wellbeing Gym and play your part in building a healthier nation.
About the site
Our modern club is more than just a gym. Recently upgraded with state-of-the-art Technogym equipment, we offer dedicated training areas, exciting new boutique classes and versatile equipment for all fitness levels.
Our Newbury location is hard to miss - we're right beside Newbury Racecourse. We are an 8-minute walk from Newbury Racecourse train station, or you can drive in from neighbouring Thatcham and Greenham and easily park at our dedicated car park.
The focus of the General Manager is to provide exceptional customer service and drive the commercial success of our Fitness & Wellbeing Gym. As a General Manager you will;
- Deliver healthier futures for people across the UK, our finances, policies and procedures have to be in great shape.
- Focus on profit and loss, using your business savvy to focus on results and experience of management to make all the difference.
- Inspire and motivate our teams to keep on making sales and improving customer satisfaction.
- Introduce new operational and sales strategies plus solving financial, client sales and people management challenges - all while ensuring the effective day-to-day management of the centre.
To succeed as a General Manager, you will need:
- A proven ability to motivate others and generate sales, while taking full P&L responsibility.
- High levels of drive and integrity.
- Capability to live our brand values of independence, enterprise, passion and caring.
- A good understanding of brands plus relish the opportunity to develop ours in the local market.
- Belief in the value of clarity, transparency and fairness. You will also believe in the value of fitness and healthy lifestyles and understand how they can impact wellbeing.
In return, we offer a working environment that will help you grow your skills and experience and get the best out of life. Other benefits include 25 days' annual holiday (increasing with service), gym membership, private healthcare and a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Hours - Full-time, 40 hours per week - 40k-50k dependent on skills and experience
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.