LEISURE SERVICES MANAGER - £61.8K + INCREDIBLE BENEFITS – ELVEDEN, SUFFOLK
Elveden Forest – Brandon, Suffolk IP27 0YZ
£61,800 per annum + Excellent Benefits
With up to 200 indoor and outdoor activities available, Center Parcs is the perfect place for families to try something new together. The Leisure team plays a key role in ensuring families feel confident, safe and happy during their activity, whatever their age or ability.
There are many opportunities in the Leisure team, and our offering of activities continues to grow. From donning an eye patch in Pirate and Princess Adventure, to whizzing around a track in Quad Bike Safari or scaling the forest canopy in Aerial Adventure, our focus is on delivering a quality experience that guests will remember, whether it’s their first or fiftieth time.
LEISURE SERVICES MANAGER
Reporting to the Village Director and with functional responsibility to the Group Leisure Manager, you’ll lead on and oversee every aspect of the commercial management and day to day operational activities of the Leisure division, consisting of a 325 strong team across 7 departments each with their own P&L. With a focus on excellence in service delivery, the achievement of financial targets and the continuing development of our leisure portfolio, you’ll relish the prospect of driving your team to fulfil demanding performance targets and objectives, supporting and contributing to the delivery of the village’s wider strategic plan.
As a member of the Senior Management team, you will actively contribute towards the delivery of the overall village operation and ensure all village leisure activities reflect agreed corporate standards. You will be required to get involved with the delivery of the experience to our guests and participate in Duty Line Management rota.
As you can imagine, this is a key leadership role, requiring a Leisure Industry professional with significant and relevant experience in a similar operational management capacity, who has a proven ability to lead, motivate and develop a large and diverse team. An excellent communicator, relationship builder and organiser, with the know-how and confidence to make and take key business decisions, you should have a fair degree of commercial acumen, including a good grasp of budgetary and financial controls.
HOURS OF WORK
You will be contracted to work 160 hours per 4-week period on a flexible basis. This means that your days and hours of work could vary each week, but you will always receive at least your contracted hours each period.
As our village is open 365 days of the year, your working hours will include weekends, public / bank holidays and during Christmas and / or New Year on a rota basis.
- Previous experience in a Commercial Leisure role with responsibility for managing a large team
- Leadership drive and very high integrity, with the ability to work effectively across a wide range of teams and levels in the business
- Good business and commercial judgement with the ability to resolve problems
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Possess strong analytical thinking and the ability to make decisions
- Ability to manage facilities and activities to a high level of service and standard
- A good level of educational attainment
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
Center Parcs is a fantastic place to work and the benefits are as impressive as they are unique. Here are just a few:
- Management / staff bonus scheme
- Reward & recognition scheme
- Free use of on-site leisure facilities
- Discounted Center Parcs breaks
- 20% discount in restaurant and retail outlets
- An employee assistance programme providing support on financial, health and legal matters
If this sounds like your ideal job, then we’d love to see your application.
Closing date: 20th April 2021 at 12 Noon
1st Interviews to be held: 27 & 28 April 2021 via Microsoft Teams
2nd Interviews to be held: 12 May 2021 on site
Please note this vacancy may close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. Early submission of your application is therefore encouraged.