Food and Beverage Assistant - Fine Dining Restaurant - Eastbourne
Food and Beverage Assistant to join the fine dining Mirabelle Restaurant, fixed term contract for six months.
Salary is in the region of £16,300 plus service charge, (approx £2,400 per annum*) and annual bonus.
The Mirabelle is a high profile part of the Grand Hotel and it is important that all staff within the restaurant set the highest standards of service at all times. As a senior Waiter/Waitress, your standard of dress, general appearance and manner, allied to professional skills, will play an important part in maintaining the prestige of the Mirabelle.
Your specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Being familiar with and fully understanding the pantry procedures.
- Checking and preparing mis-en-place for each meal service.
- Laying-up tables for the restaurant.
- Understanding all menus in use within the Mirabelle and the pricing system.
- Leading the service of food, with correct accompaniments
- Having an understanding of the Mirabelle Wine List and being prepared to serve wine and beverages.
Key skills and attributes required for this role:
- Polite and personable with good customer service skills
- Well presented and impeccably groomed
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Previous waiting experience required, preferably in a fine dining restaurant
- A positive personality and service with a smile
Affectionately known as "The White Palace" The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne has a well-earned reputation for excellence. With over 150 rooms, an award winning restaurant and 17 fully equipped meeting rooms, the hotel is able to cater for every occasion. We reserve the right to close any advertised post before the stated closing date once enough applications are received. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible
For further details please contact the recruitment team:
At Elite Hotels we have a single minded & unwavering goal to make every visit to our hotels a positive experience that customers feel compelled to talk about.
As a people focused Investor In People Company we offer a great range of benefits to the successful candidate.
To support our staff we offer:
- Free uniforms - which are dry cleaned free of charge
- Meals are provided by our talented kitchen team
- We have plenty of free parking.
- We also have amazing recognition awards for exceptional customer service
- A share of the service charge
- Reduced price stays in all of our hotels - where you are treated like a guest no matter who you are!
*Service charge is dependent on sales performance and is not guaranteed