Food and Beverage Assistant - Room Service - Eastbourne
The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne are recruiting for a passionate Food and Beverage Assistant to join their busy Room Service team.
Salary is in the region of £16,300 depending on experience, plus service charge (approx £2,400 per annum*) and annual bonus.
When you join us:
- You will need to be aware of the room service menu and be able to advise guests in their choice of dishes, accompanying beverages and dietary requirements.
- You will be preparing trays and trolleys for guests, paying attention to detail, ensuring that guests receive the highest level of service.
- You will be answering the telephone, taking guest orders in an efficient and friendly manner and ensuring they are charged and posted correctly.
- You may be required to assist in other food and beverage departments if needed to adapt to business needs.
- You will be a working 35 hours per week, five days out of seven including weekends, evenings and bank holidays with some split shifts, so flexibility is key.
What we need from you:
- To be polite and personable with good customer service skills
- Well presented and impeccably groomed
- Ability to remain calm under pressure as you will sometimes be dealing with several order simultaneously
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Previous waiting experience required
- Physically fit as some lifting is required
- A positive personality and service with a smile
Affectionately known as "The White Palace" The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne has a well-earned reputation for excellence. With over 150 rooms, an award winning restaurant and 17 fully equipped meeting rooms, the hotel is able to cater for every occasion. We reserve the right to close any advertised post before the stated closing date once enough applications are received. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible
For further details please contact the recruitment team:
At Elite Hotels we have a single minded & unwavering goal to make every visit to our hotels a positive experience that customers feel compelled to talk about.
As a people focused Investor In People Company we offer a great range of benefits to the successful candidate.
To support our staff we offer:
- Free uniforms - which are dry cleaned free of charge
- Meals are provided by our talented kitchen team
- We have plenty of free parking.
- We also have amazing recognition awards for exceptional customer service
- A share of the service charge
- Reduced price stays in all of our hotels - where you are treated like a guest no matter who you are!
*Service charge is dependent on sales performance and is not guaranteed