Bar Assistant - Eastbourne
Fixed Term Contract for six months
The salary for this role is in the region of £16,300 plus service charge (approx. £2,400 per annum*) and annual bonus.
This is a fabulous opportunity for anyone looking for a fun and rewarding career in hospitality. Serving beer, wine, spirits and cocktails to resident guests and guests attending weddings and other special occasions, your high standard of service and welcoming personality will make the Grand Hotel an experience to remember.
The position of Bar Assistant offers good training and career progression opportunities and would suit someone with a minimum of one year's customer service experience, looking to upgrade to a five star environment or who would like to take advantage of this rare opportunity to learn and earn at the same time.
You will be working 35 hours per week, over 5 days. Due to the nature of our business, you will be required to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays, so flexibility is key.
What we need from you:
- Must be 18 years of age or over due to licensing laws.
- Polite, well presented and personable.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills essential, enabling you to work efficiently within a close team.
- Possess a good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Some customer service experience desired
- Knowledge of cocktails, wine and liqueurs preferred however not essential as full training will be given.
- Enthusiasm to learn and the ability to hit the ground running with a smile on your face is essential.
Affectionately known as "The White Palace" The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne has a well-earned reputation for excellence. With over 150 rooms, an award winning restaurant and 17 fully equipped meeting rooms, the hotel is able to cater for every occasion. We reserve the right to close any advertised post before the stated closing date once enough applications are received. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible
For further details please contact the recruitment team:
At Elite Hotels we have a single minded & unwavering goal to make every visit to our hotels a positive experience that customers feel compelled to talk about.
As a people focused Investor In People Company we offer a great range of benefits to the successful candidate.
To support our staff we offer:
- Free uniforms - which are dry cleaned free of charge
- Meals are provided by our talented kitchen team
- We have plenty of free parking.
- We also have amazing recognition awards for exceptional customer service
- A share of the service charge
- Reduced price stays in all of our hotels - where you are treated like a guest no matter who you are!
*Service charge is dependent on sales performance and is not guaranteed