Night Porter at Grantley Hall
To support the management and operational teams ensuring all rooms are fit for purpose for the following day.
Working through the night to ensure the hotel is secure. Ensuring all guests are cared for to Grantley Hall standards.
- To ensure all guests needs are exceeded at every opportunity during the night, including assisting with general guest requests throughout the night, assisting with transport arrangements as required and accommodating in room dining requests as required.
- To ensure the hotels cleanliness and standards are adhered to throughout the night, carrying out imperative walk arounds to ensure the hotel is secure.
- To report any issues and to take the appropriate action to mitigate any potential immediate risk. Reporting and notifying any issues to the Front Office or Assistant Front Office Managers.
- To assist every department to ensure that the standards and quality of Grantley Hall are adhered to.
- To continue the Front Office operation throughout the night, being responsible for assisting late arrivals, early departures and handling telephone enquiries. Ensuring you are meeting procedure guidelines and following standard operating procedures as set out by management.
- To ensure that all conference rooms are set up to the correct standard as outlined in the SOP manual by the correct time. To look after all delegates, ensuring rooms are serviced, clean, equipment provided and meals organised.
- To attend training courses and meetings as required.
- To be flexible in one’s duty and to carry out additional tasks when requested and when the business demands. To complete any projects assigned by Senior Management and to be pro-active in your duties during less demanding times.
- To ensure the company’s Health & Safety policy and fire procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To know and live Grantley Hall’s values every day without compromise.
- Any other duties, deemed necessary.
Key Skills & Qualities
- Experience in a similar position in a luxury environment desirable, however full training will be given
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a polite etiquette essential
- Computer literate and knowledge of Opera PMS desirable, however training will also be given on this
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Well presented, adhering to Grantley Hall’s grooming standards at all times
- Full clean driving licence and over the age of 25 due to our insurance policies is desirable
- Use of own initiative with willingness to go above and beyond in supporting the wider Grantley Hall team
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five-star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Night Porter to ensure our guests receive a five-star service.
• Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
• We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
• Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a NEST pension scheme.
• 24/7 team assistant line.
• Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
• Refer a Friend Award.
• All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5-star career at a 5 star hotel.