Commercial Finance Business Partner - Lutterworth
Do you have a passion for fashion, want to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with the opportunity to work in a truly commercial role at the forefront of driving decision making.
George is the UK's second-largest clothing retailer with a global supply chain. You will be working within a fast-paced & dynamic environment, managing a wide network of commercial & operational stakeholders to continue the delivery of commercial growth and a sustainable economic model.
You will business partner the Head of George Sourcing and Supply, providing the opportunity to interact and influence at Senior Director and VP level.
You will be responsible for understanding and driving improvements in commercial performance, stimulating strategic decision-making, driving financial discipline, processes and accountability, and supporting the delivery of one of the key business missions: 'Simple and Fast Supply Chain.' George operates as a 'Mission Based Organisation' using agile methodology empowering colleagues to deliver the business strategy.
You will support strategic decisions about the geographic mix, end to end costing, supplier risk management and other new initiatives to deliver savings.
As the finance business partner, your analysis supports the understanding of global economic changes such as currency exchange rate variances, commodity prices and global wage inflation. The sourcing and supply chain strategy is vital to support George with responding to Brexit, Covid and changes following the separation of Asda from Walmart.
You will be responsible for understanding and driving commercial performance improvements, stimulating strategic decision making, driving financial discipline and accountability.
- Drive delivery of 'End to End' savings of 20m, challenging where appropriate to ensure that targets are met.
- Be an integral part of the 'End to End' project and support the project team to develop a fast, responsive, and cost-effective strategic supply chain strategy.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to reduce costs and increase the visibility of spend on the supply chain such as freight, overseas product consolidation, UK logistics and retail operations cost.
- Analyse and enhance commercial tools to model the impact of exchange rate fluctuations, provide accurate financial forecasts and support financial planning.
- Provide trading and sourcing functions with Margin Building Blocks for their seasonal plans to ensure external economic factors (Ex. rates, labour rates, wage inflation etc.) are incorporated within the buying team's strategy.
- Deliver analytics at supplier level and identify margin opportunities
- Develop best practice for supplier risk management.
- The role would suit a qualified accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA or individual from a strategy or analytics background interested in working in retail. (Trading finance have experience in commercial finance with confidence to set the agenda)
- An inquisitive mind with a desire to understand how things work and connect together.
- Helpful to have experience in more advanced analytical software, e.g. Alteryx / Tableau /Power BI. You must have demonstrable analytical and data visualisation skills.
- A growth mindset to invest in the development opportunities available both technically and personally.
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at George House, Lutterworth, with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including;-
- 5,700 company car or car allowance plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to bring their best and true selves to work every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.