Sous Chef - Ettington Park Hotel & Spa
Are you an experienced Chef with rosette experience ready to "Hand Pick" your next career move?
Here at Hand Picked Hotels we are looking for a Sous Chef to join the brigade at Ettington Park Hotel a very popular wedding & afternoon tea destination, with a popular 2 Rosette restaurant for both our Hotel and local guests.
Our Head Chef David Guest is looking for someone with people management experience, who enjoys supporting and developing junior Chefs and has worked in both a rosette and banqueting venue kitchen.
In return at Hand Picked Hotels we know the step from being a Sous Chef to Head Chef can be a big one so we aim to equip our Sous Chefs with the skills they need to take that step in the future. From involvement in office and paperwork responsibilities, to people management training courses and annual Sous Chef Master classes, we will help give you the exposure you need to develop your career as a Senior Chef. And of course alongside all of that you get to do what you do best, create fantastic food in our stunning Hotels and professional rosette awarded restaurant kitchens.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary (Live in accommodation may be available with this role if required but our preference for this role would be live out)
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual Sous Chef Conference to aid networking and personal development
- Annual loyalty awards (to include overnight stays & weekends away)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life assurance scheme
- An opportunity to complete your Level 3 or Level 5 Management apprenticeship – if you would like to do so
- People Management Training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing, Disciplinary Investigations and Appraisal Skills – to help you develop your skills and experience
- You’ll have previous experience as a Junior Sous or Sous Chef within a similar environment
- You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to lead by example and demonstrate best practice
- Your knowledge of food and technical skills will be outstanding
- You’ll want to develop your skills and experience in order to help work with the Executive Head Chef to lead the brigade
- Most of all, you’ll enjoy working as part of a team, encouraging junior members of the brigade and will have an approachable, positive and proactive manner
Ettington Park Hotel is a 4 Red Star Hotel with 48 bedrooms. It is a very popular wedding and Afternoon Tea venue and has a 2 AA Rosette restaurant for both local residents and our Hotel guests to enjoy.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.