Kitchen Manager - The Lion Hotel - Nottinghamshire
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
Prepare and deliver excellent standards of food quality at all times, paying particular attention to the dish specifications to ensure that all dishes are prepared, cooked and delivered correctly first time. You’ll create a great work environment and working alongside your team hands on to get things done.
Bring life to kitchen excellence by driving the passion for food in the hotel, and at the same time encourage learning, and share knowledge and pride throughout the whole team.
You’ll inspire confidence and belief in within the whole business and build and exceptional team who understand how we help each other do well.
- Provides clear sense of direction and purpose by working with the team to translate the clear objectives of the businesses.
- Leads by example, motivates and inspires the team
- Effectively coaches, supports and develops the team
- Recognise’s excellent performance and challenges poor performance
- Selects and appoints world class team members
- Understands the aspirations of the people through regular conversations, both formal and informal and supports them to achieve their aims.
- Has regular conversations with people so they understand how they are performing, giving open, honest and balanced feedback.
- Conducts performance reviews effectively and has a good understanding of the talent management tools
- Supports team to build their own personal development plans
- Effectively shares and delivers action plans across the business
- Communicates all Company and Brand information to the team
- Encourages feedback and actively celebrates success within the team
- Ensures all legal standards are maintained in terms of Food safety, health & safety, fire and security for guests and team members
Guest – a successful KM:
- Monitors Food Complaints taking action to ensure issues are resolved to the guests satisfaction
- Reviews Social media for the hotel with Operations Manager and team, taking their views on board and making changes where necessary to address
- Spends quality time in the business as a visible business leader to ensure your guests know who you are and see you as the role model to your team
- Get to know and understand your guests and anticipate their needs and expectations – seek feedback to help make things better.
- Carry out open and close-down procedures at specific times.
Shareholder – A successful KM:
- Work with the Operations Manager, and General manager to review your department’s performance utilising the appropriate tools in place i.e. External Stock Results, External Audits, EHO
- Maintain accurate reports and records
- Understand budgetary constraints, profit flow through and commercial levers within the business such as effective cost management to maximise performance against financial measures whilst protecting Guest Experience and food Standards.
- Has the analytical capability to understand data, identify trends/issues and spot opportunities
- Maximising the profit potential of all revenue streams – restaurant/bar/functions
- To effectively manage all costs under your control, including: labour, food costs and other department expenses.
- Take action to improve performance on key lines within the P&L
- Accurate sales and labour forecasting
Team – A successful KM
- Recognise Team members for doing good work. Explain how the part they play counts
- Participate in pre-shift briefings, and be an advocate of the menu, providing food tasting sessions for the briefing to develop the menu knowledge of the team
- Experienced Chef (Level 2 NVQ in professional cookery
- Passion for food and a great understanding of cooking
- A strong leader of teams
- Highly organised, confident and self-motivated
- High levels of energy and drive
- Ability to stay calm and focused under pressure
- Previous responsibility for purchasing