The Newt in Somerset
Everything at The Newt has been carefully crafted to provide guests and visitors with an exceptional experience. This is also true of our online community, which stretches all over the world.
We are looking for someone to visualise and communicate this vision with a global audience, planning and creating conversations of the very highest calibre.
Social Media Manager
We are looking for a an experienced (Min 3 years) creative, curious and dynamic professional to manage and nurture The Newt’s social media presence – someone with an exceptional eye (with the other usually on Instagram), inquisitive mind and ear for a good story.
Obsessed with all things social media, you’ll be a natural storyteller with a passion for developing emotive and innovative content in a range of formats, across multiple platforms. You will be able to dig even deeper into the estate, briefing and coordinating other talented creatives to push the boundaries of our digital content.
We’ll provide you with endless inspiration and material, from acres of gardens and orchards to expert team members, world-class food and trailblazing interiors. Working closely with the Head of Communications and CEO, this is a unique opportunity for a pivotal role at an exciting time in our estate’s story. Help us write the next chapter.
Seeing is believing, so if this sounds like you, come and visit The Newt; 'It's not like anything you've ever seen.' (Lisa Grainger, The Telegraph)
- Developing and implementing a social media content strategy to support the company’s branding and marketing objectives.
- Creating and coordinating digital content (video, images, graphics, copy) for all digital and social media platforms. This will include briefing videographers, photographers, designers and copywriters for specific projects.
- Managing all social media activity - including posting, scheduling and community management, channelling customer responses to relevant teams.
- Reporting on analytics and insights to shape the content strategy.
- Attending company events to capture social media content.
- Keeping informed of the latest news, trends and practices in social media and digital marketing.
Skills and experience
- Experience in social media management or digital marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organisation skills
- An eye for design, photography, video and animation
- A passion and enthusiasm for all things social media
- An acute understanding of the brand and its vision
- A continually curious mind, you’ll be on top of the latest digital trends
- A degree in Marketing, Media, English or other relevant field
- Experience with scheduling software such as Hootsuite or Trello
- Understanding of analytics tools (Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Instagram Insights) and how these should inform content strategy
- Experience using paid social tactics would be advantageous
Based at The Newt in Somerset, near Bruton, Somerset. Includes visiting our sister property in South AfricaWillingness to occasionally work outside standard office hours
We will need to see a sample portfolio of your work. Please include a link to this with your CV
Excellent Benefits package including:
- Very competitive salary
- Performance Bonus
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown lunch included
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Tailored training plans to assist in career development
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on The Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate when accompanied by staff member