Sous Chef - Canning Town
- Location:Canning Town
- Salary Details:Competitive salary, plus excellent benefits
- Job Type:Full Time Permanent
About The Role
Morrisons Market Kitchen, Canning Town
We are excited to recruit a creative Sous Chef to join our Canning Town Market Kitchen concept.
As Sous Chef you will be accountable for supporting the end to end process of all food produced and serviced through the Market Kitchen directed by the Head Chef, deputising in their absence. You’ll continuously build capability of the Chefs, using your expertise to guide and mentor them to success.
It will be a fun, whilst fast-paced environment and a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative new concept where your expertise and passion for great food is crucial to the brand’s ongoing success.
All the right Ingredients
You’ll be a talented Chef who has taken a key role within high performing kitchen teams and enjoys working with quality, fresh products. You’ll thrive when taking on the role of mentor, building engaged and high performing Chef teams, sharing your knowledge and experience.
In return for your dedication we’ll offer a comprehensive training plan and a very competitive salary and benefits package. You will enjoy and be encouraged to have a great work life balance whilst remaining flexible in your approach to working hours.
- Has relevant experience in a Sous Chef demonstrating ability to work productively at pace
- Qualified to 706/1 and 2 or NVQ in professional cookery levels 1,2 and 3
- Minimum level 3 Award Food Safety in catering for supervisors, with level 3 Award in Allergens
- An great understanding of Food Safety
- A good understanding of the local community
- Previous experience of working with suppliers including Deliveroo would be advantageous