Le Bab is the original modern Kebab restaurant. Since we opened in 2015 in Soho we have been serving refined, seasonal kebabs and serving plates. We work from traditional kebab styles, incorporating classical fine dining techniques and global gastronomic influences. Our kebabs are made from free range British meat and top seasonal produce. We serve them together with modern mezze, curated wines, craft beer and cocktails.
Our teams are tight-knit, hard-working units. We insist on a positive, supporting and ambitious attitude from our staff. We believe this creates great working environments where people can thrive and our service excels. Our General Managers are expected to maintain and drive this culture which allows our teams to thrive and perform at a very high but sustainable level. In this way, levels of excellence are achieved in our venues usually associated with restaurants of much higher price point, with a focus on delivering outstandingly friendly, attentive and competent service.
Key to what we do at Le Bab is the vibe guests feel in our venues - a buzzing, welcoming atmosphere that is driven by the friendliest and most attentive service in London. Every interaction we have with them is an opportunity to have a positive impact on their experience - from the greeting every guest gets, to making sure they are never left waiting to get what they want. How guests feel they are treated is reflected by them back into the room and creates the good vibes that we are known for. Our restaurants are also designed to reflect our vibe and must be kept looking at their best to set the right tone.
We encourage independence and provide extensive on the job training which allows driven and committed individuals to progress far in our company. There are also opportunities to participate in advanced apprenticeships schemes while working for Le Bab to provide structured managerial development.
As General Manager you will be in charge of site operations. Final responsibility for smooth running of service, exceptional guest experience and management of FOH will fall to you, as well as events in some venues. In addition, simultaneously achieving target KPIs and improving customer satisfaction is a continuous demand. Administrative functions are supported by Head Office and include rota management, payroll, performance reporting and reservations management, A lot of responsibility will be expected of you, but with it the chance of autonomy and reward. Candidates should therefore have experience (2+ years) of leading FOH teams as GM or AGM.
Service and Culture
- Lead service in all restaurant areas (upstairs, basement, outside), including events.
- Set and maintain exceptional standards of Le Bab customer service.
- Be an exemplar and driver of Le Bab values
- Maintain adherence of staff to company processes and policies
- Support onboarding and training of incoming FOH and ensure seamless integration into service
- Lead ongoing training of FOH
- Drive occupancy efficiency
- Manage rota and payroll reporting
- Report on daily & weekly performance
- Liaise with Directors to analyse and improve performance
- Create and manage budgets
- Maintain and own opening & closing checklists
- Oversee the upkeep of the restaurant, including cleaning and basic maintenance
- Oversee consumables, crockery & glassware stocks
- Maintain detailed and up to date food and drinks notes for training, including allergens
- Manage inbox, reservations (including cancellation/no-show charges) and event requests
- Ensure regulatory and H&S compliance
- Liaise with Head Chef to ensure cooperative and harmonious departments
Contract length: 18 months
Expected Start Date: 05/04/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £35,000.00-£40,000.00 per year