Florist - Bayley & Sage - South West London
Bayley & Sage is growing and we have an exciting opening for a Florist to join the team.
About the role
You will be reporting to the Head of Floristry and assisting with creating bouquets, displaying and arranging flowers, making recommendations to customers, keeping the flowers looking fresh and cleaning the station.
- Sociable working hours of 7am – 2pm or 2pm – 9pm
- Must be able to work some weekends
- No experience is necessary, just a love of flowers. We will provide full training
- Make up and professionally fulfil any customer orders as required
- Create bespoke bouquets with attention to seasonality e.g. hand ties and jam jars
- Wrap flowers for customers to avoid breakages or as gift packages
- Check and change water in buckets to enhance our flowers’ life span
- Ensure there are always a variety of flowers and plants on display for customers to choose from
- Work to the highest standards of customer care, dealing swiftly and courteously with all customer queries
- Display daily flowers as well as dismantle them at end of each day
- Check quality and freshness of all displays on an on-going basis. Ensuring flowers and plants are maintained and kept in perfect condition.
- Undertake effective conditioning of all newly delivered flowers. Price up products as required or requested by the Head Florist
- Accurately record any wastage of products
- Ensure you maintain up-to-date knowledge of promotions, products of the month and new ranges available and communicate these to the team
- Recommend, select and help customers locate/ obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires
- Passionate about flowers
- Excellent communication
- Strong team player
- Some experience in a similar role preferable
- Reliable and adaptable
Bayley & Sage is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We believe a diverse team is a successful team. We want to offer opportunities to people from all backgrounds irrespective of age, disability, gender and transgender status, race and ethnicity, religion and belief (including no belief), marriage or civil partnership status or sexual orientation.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of background.