Sous Chef - London
Gaucho are looking for an experienced and passionate Sous Chef to join one of our London restaurants! You will need to be experienced in working as a Sous Chef in a fresh food kitchen, and be extremely passionate about food. The successful candidate will have experience managing a team, running the kitchen and working in a fast-paced environment. They must be able to deliver high quality dishes following a spec, and have a genuine passion for cooking.
• To possess strong operational and leadership skills with regard to both knowledge and operation.
• To ensure daily, weekly and monthly cleaning duties are carried out as instructed by senior chefs.
• To help and maintain a maximum yield in the kitchen in relation to the gross profit and wastage
• To undertake dealings with suppliers and commercial partners of the business with regard to kitchen operations set and agreed by
the Head Chef & Sous Chef.
• To check all inbound food deliveries to ensure consistency and quality of all items delivered for the kitchen operation.
• To assist the Head Chef with specials planning, costing, daily GP% financial sheets, payroll and all operations of the kitchen.
• Ensure all health and safety practices are followed, and participate in controlling stock and portion control.
• Have worked as a Sous Chef in a high-pressure kitchen environment
• Will have a passion for fresh produce
• Be able to effectively run a kitchen
• Be organised and able to communicate effectively with a team.
Training and benefits
• Opportunity to gain qualifications through Apprenticeship Scheme
• Ongoing training with the Executive Chef and Group Head Griller
• Career development and progression