Estate Services Team Member - The Newt in Somerset
The Newt in Somerset has ancient woodland, historic gardens and far reaching views. It is a unique destination with a multitude of horticultural delights, interactive features and state of the art exhibitions. Visitors can take a tour of the gardens, deer park and cyder press, dine in a choice of different restaurants and visit the various farm shops. The Story of Gardening brings horticultural history to life, with playful and sensory experiences for all ages. Expecting to attract some 150,000 visitors per year, The Newt in Somerset is a vibrant and thriving attraction, animated throughout the seasons by special events, workshops and education programmes.
Our service team provide an essential service to the estate, they ensure the safe arrival, storage and dispatch of goods inward and outward to the various businesses within the Estate. This can range from food and beverages to furniture and building supplies. The delivery points are dotted all around our large site so delivering and driving is an essential part of the role.
The role will include warehouse operations including stock taking and order picking, so attention to detail and problem-solving ability is key. Punctual delivery of stock around site and recording stock movements will be an important part of the role. Great communication skills and a tidy appearance are essential as our teams are part of the whole estate and will be meeting guests and colleagues throughout the day.
- Receiving and forwarding goods and deliveries in and out in a timely and safe way
- Following all requisitioning and stock control procedures including the identification of damaged, or incorrect items.
- Keeping any records organised and up to date
- Order picking
- Delivery of items to a set time schedule
- Maintaining clean and tidy working areas to our standards
- Applying health and safety best practice across all aspects of the role, especially food and beverage items
Skills and Experience
- At least one year previous experience in a similar role
- Valid UK Driving licence
- Experience of working with fresh food items. Food safety and HACCP knowledge
- Flexi Licence
- Forklift licence
- Stock taking procedures and processes
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
- Have a good eye for detail.
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Annual Performance Bonus
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Anniversary stay in the hotel each year, Dinner bed and breakfast.
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities