Commercial Finance Analyst
Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to?grooming?and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
As a Commercial Finance Analyst, you’ll report into the Commercial Finance Manager, acting as one of the key Finance contacts for the Multi-Channel Team and wider Finance Team.
The role will suit someone who is committed and driven to develop their career in Finance further and in return for your hard work, we can support you to achieve your ambition through gaining qualifications, guidance and experience.
- Reviewing and interpreting weekly sales and margin reports to understand performance by channel and against forecast, highlighting areas of focus and where further analysis and insight is required
- Co-ordinating all period end processes and reporting including; P&L close out, analysis and explanation of total Multi-channel PBT result and preparation of board slides
- Providing the Online Trading Team with timely analysis on campaigns and promotions against agreed success criteria, making recommendations for future plans and decision making
- Taking ownership of Food Subscriptions (Easy Repeat) and Flea & Worm Subscriptions, being the main point of contact for all Pet Care Plans work and associated cross functional work streams
- Working closely with the Operational Finance Team on sales forecasts and Distribution Centre volume requirements. Understanding the cost dynamics of the Distribution Centre and how this impacts the Multi-channel P&L
- Being the Finance Lead on projects to drive operational efficiency and improve the overall profitability of Multi-Channel transactions
- Supporting the Digital Marketing Team with forecasting of total spend and tracking of actuals. Liaising with the Commercial Finance Manager (Marketing) on evaluation of spend and ROI of key investments
- You will be a fully qualified Accountant (CIMA or equivalent)
- You will have previous experience in a Commercial Finance role, preferably within retail
- You will have strong Excel skills with experience of using Vlookups, Sumifs, pivot tables and graphs
- You will have a high attention to detail
- You will have the flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing commercial environment
You will be a strong team player with the ability to work with other teams to build strong collaborative relationships
Together we’ll create the future of pet care. We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits.