Head of Marketing - Vet Group *6 month FTC*
About the Pets at Home Vet Group
Pets at Home Vet Group has 440 practices, approximately 400 of which are operated as individual Joint Venture businesses. Over 400 practices operate under the Vet4Pets brand and the remainder are Companion Care. Our Joint Venture model is unique to the UK vet market and it offers ambitious vets an early route to practice ownership with professional support on financing, IT, People, Marketing and supplier relations. Each partner has full clinical freedom to do whatever they believe to be right for each individual patient, including using the products of their choice. The owner mentality drives superior performance once the practice reaches maturity, compared to the typical company-owned model.
About the role
We’re looking for a Head of Marketing to join us on a six month fixed term contract as maternity cover. The role can be worked remotely but regular travel to our Support Office in Swindon and Handforth (Cheshire) will likely be required.
Reporting into the Group Marketing Director, the Head of Marketing’s primary responsibility will be towards our 400+ partners, ensuring the success of their businesses by delivering commercially impactful, locally driven marketing while leading on aligning wider channel marketing activity across the business.
On a day to day basis you’ll work closely, professionally and effectively with senior stakeholders across the business including regular engagement with our Exec board.
As well as a busy day to day you will effectively lead on a range of strategic projects, driving and leading the business impact of the deliverables. Those projects could range from representing the Vet business on Group marketing initiatives, to working on high profile openings and commercially important cohorts within the estate. You will lead on a range of innovative marketing projects which will support shaping the future of our business and the marketing we provide for our partners.
Key responsibilities also include;
- Delivering the Vet Group Marketing plan against outlined strategy
- Aligning all client and partner facing deliverables from the Vet Marketing Team to ensure consistent client voice before landing.
- Being the regular internal communication lead to key senior stakeholders, including Exec board, to share commercial updates, performance monitoring and strategic delivery developments
- Management of a team of 9 plus matrix support for channel leads across the broader Marketing Team
- Working collaboratively with peers within the senior marketing group representing Pets at Home, Groom Room and Vet business to ensure alignment and realisation of group objectives
- Over-seeing spend of multi-million £ budget, including centralised budget and practice level investment.
About your experience
You’ll be a senior marketer with experience working across a full marketing function. You’ll have experience of working across all channels and, although you’ll have experts to lean on, you’ll be knowledgeable within the digital landscape.
Your data and results focussed approach means you’ll be confident regularly reporting on a range of performance metrics across the full marketing mix to a variety of audiences. Drawing on expertise, you’ll be confident engaging and challenging our agencies to ensure activity continues to deliver the best for our partners within the most effective and efficient means. You should have experience managing large budgets and holding accountability for its management and ROI.
Key attributes include;
- Experience of working closely with cross functional teams at a senior level, significantly Operations and Finance
- Experience from within a ‘service led’ industry
- Experience of developing and managing stakeholder relationships
- A strong track record of managing, coaching and inspiring a large direct and wider team
- A passionate and energetic individual with the ability to manage multiple projects, a busy day to day and to prioritise our 400+ veterinary partners
- Experience from within the sector or be quick to learn our Joint Venture Model and the impact that has on how we do business
- Passionate, personable and able deliver with pace and accountability
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.