People Assistant – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
About the Pets at Home Group
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the Role
We are looking for a People Services Assistant to join a brand-new team on a twelve-month fixed term contract to work within our People Team at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire. Reporting into the Group People Services Lead you be responsible for providing an exceptional service across the Pets at Home Retail Stores and Support Office. This is a great opportunity to work with our soon to be launched new HRIS system and be part of implementing this across the business. The successful candidate will be key in delivering an outstanding onboarding experience for our new starters.
- Responsible for the colleague administration processes
- Creating Offer Letters & Contracts for colleagues across Retail & Support Office
- Collating all relevant information for new starters, and adhering to deadlines
- Ensure mandatory Right to Work checks are completed
- Responding to Reference requests in a timely manner
- Responsible for ensuring colleague data is accurate from the moment our colleagues start, through to promotions, transfers, and leavers
You will enjoy working to deadlines and be able to manage a variety of tasks and deadlines, so managing your time and being organized is key. Confidence and strong communication skills are essential along with the ability to be a key team player and build working relationships quickly and effectively. The role requires excellent IT skills with a very good working knowledge of Microsoft programmes. As this is a new team, you will need to be adaptable as the role evolves.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.