Purchase Ledger Lead - *9 Month FTC*
Shared Services – Purchase Ledger Lead
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. Pet products are available online or from our 453 stores, many of which also have vet practices and grooming salons. The Vet Group operates a UK leading small animal veterinary business, with 440 First Opinion practices located both in our stores and in standalone locations, as well as four Specialist Referral centres. We are based in beautiful offices next to the Retail Outlet and Steam Museum in Swindon.
We are recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Lead. We welcome applications from those looking to work remotely but please note that our Support Office is located in Swindon and you may be required to travel to the office on a regular basis.
About the Role
Due to an internal secondment we are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced purchase ledger lead to manage the purchase ledger team of 12 colleagues for a 9 month FTC. This is a time of change as the whole finance team is going through a large transformation so the person will be adaptable with strong people skills and the ability to influence change on a large scale.
- Previously managed a purchase ledger team
- Experience managing individual and team performance
- Track record of continuous improvement
- Experience of motivating a large team whilst maintaining strong KPIs
- Experience of a multi-company purchase ledger team
- An understanding of personal expenses and petty cash would be beneficial
- Experience of a transformation project beneficial
- Natural leader
- Confident with performance measures and management
- Strong influencer at numerous levels
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Daily Management of the team including 121s and development plans
- Analysis of KPIs and constant improvement
- Managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Reviewing statement reconciliations
- Supplier account management and reviews
- Period End reporting
- Weekly payment run review
- Ensuring world class service to stakeholders around the business
- Year End audit preparation
- Competitive salary
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 days after two years
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- "Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.