At Pets at Home Group we’re developing technology to transform pet care. Join us and work on amazing projects that will help shape, build and deliver our next-generation holistic pet care service. By joining us you’ll create new ways to support pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re on the cusp of a transformation and open to fresh thinking. We’re giving you the opportunity to help define our systems from scratch. Our goal is fully personalised, customer experience that integrates retail and multi-channel services to deliver seamless service, but how we achieve that is down to you.
About your role
You will be responsible for assuring a level of quality for the end user by evaluating and recommending the level of risk, testing rigour to be applied, and testing resource requirements to supporting the quality of the solution delivered into an area or areas of the business (Retail, Vets, Group Functions). You will analyse patterns in QA data to identify and drive continuous improvements of testing standards, processes tools, templates and education.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Working with the Testing Services Lead to inform the development and implementation of suitable policies, standards, tools and templates
- Collaborating with the Change Governance and Delivery teams to enhance existing approaches, methods and toolkits
- Working in collaboration with project teams and interdependencies to ensure the right level of risk and rigour is applied to testing activities, test resource requirements, definitions of quality and the application of test assurance standards
- Identifying the level of test resource which is required for delivery of testing on initiatives within the portfolio area
- Undertaking a high level analysis for advising and guiding initiatives on what is right level testing is for that initiative ensuring this is always pragmatic by helping find the balance between testing rigour and delivery progress
- Helping initiatives progress and drive through testing so the engagement on any initiative is seen as positive and helpful
- Joining up testing across initiatives where it has commonality or dependency on technologies or business resources
- Developing a network of business testers who can, when required and capacity allows, step into initiatives to undertake testing, particularly acceptance testing, in an optimum and controlled way
- Ensuring documentation produced by team members is maintained to a high standard and can be easily understood
- Performing quality audit checks to ensure the testing standards and procedures are being adhered by undertaking deep dives on Test Collateral
- Preparing product and process quality reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends
- Provide accurate and timely MI to the Test Service Lead and other senior stakeholders
- Responsible for monitoring testing targets and goals to increase value add into the Business and ensuring the testing process remains current
- Service escalation to the Test Service Lead where appropriate
- Providing test management and supporting test execution as needed
About your experience
Key experience required includes;
- ISTQB - Advanced / Practitioner Level (desirable)
- Professional certification, such as Six Sigma, Quality Engineer, or Quality Auditor (desirable)
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to facilitate meetings and explain complex problems, test proposals to a wide audience
- Experience of understanding and documenting complex business processes and requirements
- Proven experience of articulating risks and issues and impacts to influence decision making
- Attention to detail, must be able to spot when processes don’t comply with guidance and provide alternative suggestions
- In depth understanding of quality control procedures
- A proven track record of bringing the best practice in to an organisation and using this to drive improvements
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall software development lifecycles
- Knowledgeable of various functional and non-functional testing and assurance approaches
- Knowledge of different testing tools and testing techniques, AGILE, V Model
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.