Automated Test Engineer
Location: Remote Working with required travel to Handforth Support Office
At Pets at Home Group we’re developing technology to transform pet care. Join us and work on amazing projects that will help shape, build and deliver our next-generation holistic pet care service. By joining us you’ll create new ways to support pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re on the cusp of a transformation and open to fresh thinking. We’re giving you the opportunity to help define our systems from scratch. Our goal is fully personalised, customer experience that integrates retail and multi-channel services to deliver seamless service, but how we achieve that is down to you.
About your role
As an Automated Test Engineer, you’ll eliminate defects, errors and problems in applications within the Retail and Vets Colleague Platforms.
This will include designing & writing test automation scripts, using test automation frameworks, investigating problems in software as a result of testing and working with QA Analysts and Software Developers to find solutions to issues discovered.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring the test scenario’s and scripts meet both Testing and Business requirements
- Working within the development team ensuring that all Service, web and mobile application development has sufficient automated test coverage
- Conducting ongoing reviews of as deployed application code & CI/CD pipelines and identifying areas where test coverage is low, identifying and promoting necessary corrective work streams
- Providing support and guidance, helping other team members to understand how testing is assisting with the software they are developing and improving their technical knowledge by providing guidance and sharing knowledge
- Running workshops and other learning sessions to grow the capability and knowledge of development both within the team and the wider Group IT and company communities
- Working with other key stakeholders to introduce an Automation Test Life Cycle alongside the current development processes.
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the Test Development technology in use at Pets at Home and in the wider Development community
- Understanding the trends in Automated Test Design & Development technology and making appropriate recommendations for the technology roadmap within Pets at Home
- Working with individuals and groups of software developers to enhance knowledge of testing and best practices
About your experience
You’ll have strong critical thinking & analytical skills, a creative mindset and a deep understanding of software testing. Great communication will be key to success in the role, as will experience of coaching other team members.
Key experience required includes:
- Experience of automated testing frameworks and techniques such as TDD
- Knowledge of quality management tools to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process including planning, running tests, and tracking defects, generating and storing test reports, and interlinking them with the release requirements
- Experience of integrating testing into CI/CD pipelines and establishing good development practices
- Experience of defect tracking tools to track the defects found in the application and generate bug reports to communicate them to the dev team
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.