Painter and Decorator - Brighton Hospital - £12.00 per hour - Bank (working on the bank means there are no set weekly hours for this role, you will work on an ad-hoc basis as per the needs of the role)
Nuffield Health is Britain's largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as a Painter and Decorator in our Brighton Hospital and play your part in building a healthier nation.
To provide painting, decorating and general minor repairs across the hospital as and when required.
- Work to an agreed schedule of decorating and repairs, carrying out work to a high standard.
- Clean and prepare the areas for which you are responsible following the required policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, infection prevention and control etc.
- Complete any paperwork required, correctly and on time.
- Provide general assistance and support as part of the team. This may include helping with minor repairs and improvements across the hospital as and when requested by the SMT.
- Report any problems with your work area or any equipment in a timely manner to the SMT.
What are we looking for in a Painter and Decorator, you will need:
Essential: Experience of painting, decorating, and carrying out minor repairs. Flexibility in working days to allow for duties to be carried out over weekends and evenings when required. Please do not apply for this role without this essential previous experience.
Desirable: Experience of working in a customer facing environment an advantage.
- Holiday in line with the Working Time Directive.
- Access to our Pension Scheme.
- Discounted gym membership at £15.00 a month that they need to set up directly with the club. Discount does not extend to partners and family members.
Please remember to inform your line manager when making your internal application.
Working on the bank means you are not contracted to a set number of hours per week but instead work on an ad-hoc basis to suit the needs of the business and your availability. This role will require flexibility to work weekends and evenings as some of the tasks will need to be carried out during quiet periods.
Salary - £12.00 per hour
Closing date - 09/04/2021
Location - Brighton
Contract type - Bank
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.