Are you a strong Duty Manager or Team Leader keen to build on your existing managerial skills? Maybe you are a Supervisor working in a customer-facing, high-volume environment?
Fusion Lifestyle are recruiting and hiring Duty Managers (Team Leaders):
Fusion Lifestyle’s Team Leaders act as Duty Managers, and are responsible for ensuring each shift goes off without a hitch. As Duty Manager (Team Leader) you will provide management coverage across all aspects of the centre, jumping in wherever needed and ensuring customers are happy. You’ll also ensure team members are deployed to the right places, and that they're clearly communicated with on a regular basis.
This role really gives you the opportunity to learn all aspects of the business in preparation for your next career step. You will have the opportunity to benefit from the STRIDE Management Training Programme; our industry leading management training and development scheme, accredited by the Institute of Management and Leadership.
You’ll also work within a fast-paced, and stimulating environment that fosters a culture of team work and fun.
Although you don’t need to have worked in the Leisure Industry previously, to be successful as a Fusion Duty Manager (Team Leader), you will need previous Supervisory / Management experience in the leisure, fitness, or hospitality and service industries; along with excellent communication and people skills, and a "can-do" attitude - nothing is too much trouble for you!
We are looking for applicants with the right attitude and skill-set; we'll provide the rest of the training and qualifications required!
Other responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Act as Duty Manager as-and-when required
- Ensuring a welcoming front of house presence is delivered at all times
- Assuming responsibility for centre operations on a shift rotation basis, including key holding, opening and/or closing the centre
- Coordinating the efficient and effective deployment of the team
- Undertaking fitness instruction, reception, and membership sales, as required
- Cash reconciliation and banking duties
- Assisting in the development and management of a well-balanced activity and event programme
- Delivering induction, training, appraisals, development and performance management of staff where required
- Conducting team briefings (Huddles)
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers
Hygiene and Safety:
- Champion in role and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedure
- Carry out testing and / or other hygiene, health and safety checks as needed, passing results immediately to the appropriate person and escalating potential issues promptly
- Safely support managing customer flow and expectation of waiting times and attendance across all areas of the centre
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of the equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing attention any faults or major repairs to the relevant team
- Proactively manage customer behaviour during the use of facilities to ensure highest possible levels of safety and enjoyment
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include*:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata, contractual)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Free eye tests
- Industry Leading Training
*Please note that non-contractual employee benefits may be frozen, revised or subject to change. Fusion reserve the right to amend or remove non-contractual employee benefits at any time.
If you would like to further your career in leisure, within a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.